High hit. No blood found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High hit. No blood found

Shot a spike this morning and hit him really high. I looked for over an hour and never found a drop of blood. Sucks !!!

He will probably be alright don’t sweat it it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      He will probably be alright don’t sweat it it happens.

Well the problem is he's got my arrow stuck through him

Comment

I saw a good buck several years ago chasing girls with an arrow in the back......maybe you’ll get Lucky and he comes back for another shot

Comment

It’s tough, I’m in a similar situation. I took a shot at a nice 9pt this morning. He was broadside at 18 yards. No arrow or blood located. I think I either hit his shoulder or to high. Looked for about three hours with no sign of a deer, no blood, and no arrow. Would have been my first bow buck. Disappointing to say the least. Hope he comes back another day.

Comment

Been there. Time to crack a cold one and move on.

Comment

I shot a doe several years ago had a piece of a wooden arrow and a Zwickey broad head in her backstrap it was all healed up and had a layer of calcium? built up around it

Comment

Been there. Tough to take but maybe he comes back.

Comment

My buddy shot elk earlier this month. Hit him high above shoulder. Two drops of blood then nothing. Searched for hours. I have had him on trail cams multiple times 3 weeks later.

Comment

It happens like that sometimes. You are right to fret about it, so fret about it tonight. Then go back out tomorrow and bowhunt for a deer. It’s a tough lesson, but you will learn from this, take it from me. Good luck on future hunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X