Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Hunting Tips for Beginners

+41 Pros and Experts Exposed Their Deer Hunting Tips for Beginners

If you are interested in learning how to get involved in deer hunting, you might deal with many obstacles as a beginner.

So I decided to gather and ask from +41 pros and deer hunter experts one same question: “For a new deer hunter, what are the top 3 keys to success?

And I received tons of responses that might blow your mind. Some of them are unseen or little-known.

But first, here’s my recap:

+ 27.9% of pros agree that scouting is the #1 key to whitetail hunting success
    + 19.1% experts recommend you should prepare and practice with your gears before opening days
    + 10.3% advice relates to patience

(Source: https://archerytopic.com/deer-huntin...for-beginners/)

Being in the woods and being still is the key to deer hunting. Once you become one with wildlife, scouting isn’t important because animals most everywhere do the same thing, and use the same terrain features.

Comment

Pretty basic stuff. Sorry I didn’t see anything that would “blow our minds” so much as a possible post to try to drive traffic to another website? ….or is it just me?

Comment

ha, i love preparing with my gears.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          For many, setup (picking gear, tuning, practice, stands…) is where they get the most excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            For many, setup (picking gear, tuning, practice, stands…) is where they get the most excitement.
            no, i get it, his write up says you "should prepare and practice with your gearS before opening dayS"

grammar like the spam emails i always get. its a spam post.

Comment

What constitutes as being a “pro”?

All fine and dandy suggestions. In a life time of hard hunting my top 3 lessons learned didn’t make the cut. For big bucks anyway

1.) Where you hunt is more important than how you hunt. Take a newbie with almost no skill in a great area and his odds are far higher of tagging a stud. Then a guy with way more skill but hunting a crappy area.

2.) Spend 14 consecutive days (sitting daylight til dark) in a good situations during the rut and it’s gonna happen every time!

3.) Learn the wind (air currents) and how bucks use them.

Then again…. I’m no pro so take it with a grain of salt

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                Being in the woods and being still is the key to deer hunting. Once you become one with wildlife, scouting isn’t important because animals most everywhere do the same thing, and use the same terrain features.
                As you said, don’t move!

Comment

Very important to wear the latest camo before climbing in a box blind

Comment

This post is 42% bi and 27% gay.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      Should come with a choke warning if read while eating or drinking

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        Yep. That's primary numero uno. Whatever Keith Warren is wearing, that's what you need.

Comment

find sign, hunt upwind, be still, and a pile of corn helps lol

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            I too enjoy prepping but it seems every time i get there i still feel unprepared. I feel Cluttered even with minimal amount of gear

Comment

Working...
                            X