No announcement yet.

Daughter’s 1st Archery Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to her and you dad! My son is eleven working toward the same goal so understand how awesome you may feel. Would really like to hear about, draw weight, arrow, broad head that worked for her.

Comment

Congratulations young lady. Great job dad !!!

Comment

Way to go daughter.

Comment

Awesome and congrats to you both ….What a memory !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Congrats, that is what hunting is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
              Awesome!!!! Congrats to yall both.

My daughter is getting there, she's 14. If you don't mind me asking can you share details of her set up? Bow, draw weight, and broadheads? My daughter is drawing 37lbs. I think it will be enough so long as we keep her shot 15 yards of less.
              Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
              Congrats to her and you dad! My son is eleven working toward the same goal so understand how awesome you may feel. Would really like to hear about, draw weight, arrow, broad head that worked for her.
              She’s shooting an Elite Ember. Draw weight is 44 lbs, DL is maybe 19”. I have her using Iron Will broadheads, 100 grain solids. She’s shooting Gold Tip Velocity 500 arrows. Her speed is 200 fps, arrow is 318 grains. We set a limit of 15 yards, I think he was maybe 12 yards when she shot.

As we can all probably remember when the adrenaline hits you lose your strength at times, when she went to draw she couldn’t even pull it back. She had this look on her face like *** is going on! Had her calm down and draw again, still tough but she got it back. Then he moved and she had to hold it at full draw a little longer than planned. He finally got i to the right position and I gave her the go ahead.

Shot was way back and high, I was thinking for sure gut. Kept my eye on him and he went around the feeder and I could see the exit was bleeding really good. He slowed down and stopped and then the wobble started and he went down in sight.

After cleaning him and cutting the rubs away on one side I showed her where it hit and how/why it killed him. She tot really lucky. Turns out she clipped the near lung and his liver, but what really killed him was she severed the artery that runs along the spine. Took the time to show her the lungs and heart and why shooting the V is so deadly.

I think between the excitement and the extended time at draw she just made a bad shot. But, all is well that ends well. She’s hooked now, she’s been on cloud 9!

Comment

Congrats to the young lady

And dad

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations to her!!!

Comment

Congratulations to this young hunter. Glad your daughter was able to shoot a deer after all her hard work. Also congratulations to dad for making it possible for her to join our archery deer hunting ranks, outstanding!

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats!

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff right there! Congrats to her ...and Dad!

Comment

This is awesome! Congrats to her and to you!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              but what really killed him was she severed the artery that runs along the spine.!

Nothing wrong with that! That artery will shut em down quick. Good on you for teaching her about the Deadly V too. She's gonna be hooked

Comment

Congratulations to your daughter!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X