Daughter’s Giant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughter’s Giant!

We had an unbelievable weekend in South Texas. I have had the pleasure of taking my daughters to a ranch for some great deer over the last few years. So far this years hunt has been the most unbelievable yet. My brother in law told her she could try to get her first bow kill down there but we really didn't expect it to be what she got.

I sent a bow stand down with him over the summer and he picked out a spot for it on the ranch. We went down last weekend and put up a feeder by it and a camera. Over the week we had several target does, spikes and pigs that we thought would be a great start for her. We got in the stand Saturday morning and had a group of bucks show up and a really nice 10 point barged in at 15yds to give us a great show most of the morning. He was way bigger than any of our target deer. We went in and showed every one some pics of him. To our disbelief she was given the green light to try to kill him. I truly wanted her to start with something smaller. I mean, if you kill a true giant where do you go from there? We talked about it and decided if he showed back up and she felt comfortable she would give it her best try.

This morning played out like a script. He came in and started eating hand corn at 12 yds. We had to watch him for almost 10 minutes before he gave her the right shot. My heart was beating out of my chest so I can only imagine what hers was doing. She drew, waited for him to put his leg forward and let it fly. I could not control my shaking after her shot. We hugged and were in shock at what she had just done. I would not trade places with my kids for anything in the world. I love to see them kill their deer and to accomplish what we all dream about.

From our pics we guessed him in the low 140's but when we put our hands on him I thought he might hit 150. After the tape was brought out I couldn't believe the final total, a 157 3/8 low fence south Texas monster! He weighed 215 lbs on the hoof and became the biggest deer ever killed on the ranch in the last 14 years by anyone with a bow or gun!

Stud.

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
      Stud.
      X2

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats to her!

Comment

Beautiful deer and congrats to you both! Fantastic pictures as well

Comment

Yep. She’s spoiled now. LOL

Better let her kill some spikes and does now so she gets a desire to go back for something bigger later.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Fantastic!!!!

Comment

Whoa Nellie! What a great buck

Comment

Dang! That’s awesome

Comment

Great deer, congrats to her!

Comment

Great deer, congrats to her.