Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Mature east tx buck down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mature east tx buck down

A few days ago I predicted this to be a great weekend in East Tx. Yesterday evening I hunted a stand for first time this year. I had three mature bucks on camera there.
    With a live thread going, i got covered up starting about 6pm. I had a nice 3 yr old 8pt in the corn and several does on acorns . The 8 left suddenly and here comes a mature 9pt with another little base kicker. He jumped right in my hand corn pen at 20yds.

Knowing I have a much higher scoring 6 yr old in the area, I watched him in the pen and a dozen more young bucks and does. As light faded, I still had not seen my big deer and this deer was on the hit list. He started to push a doe away and turned quartering away at 23yds. I was hunting a tent blind sitting elevated on a pile of dirt.

I put the hairs on his ribs and sent the Spitfire. He dashed about 50yds and I lost sight of him. Deer were scattering everywhere but shortly a big deer showed up just past where I last saw him. It was my number one target. He placed and postured back and forth until dark so I was pretty sure my buck was down.

I took the opportunity to update my live thread and sneaked out to get the truck. The blood trail was easy and he was laying right where I saw him last after a 50yd dash.
    Hesa cool old deer. Huge body. He ain't a high scorer but I liked mature studs. Next county... I'll take dad back for ol big. Lol
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GarGuy; 10-17-2021, 09:17 AM.

Kudos GG. Back strap sammiches are on your horizon.

Comment

Good buck Steve, maybe your Dad can get the biggun !

Comment

Daaang that's twice yall have shot early this weekend and your target buck shows up right after. Mine usually haul *** with that kind of commotion! Nice bow buck....and short track....Congrats!

Did you shoot back and clip the aortic artery under the spine?

Last edited by Smart; 10-17-2021, 09:49 AM.

Comment

No. I shot down on him quartering hard away.

Comment

Nice buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              No. I shot down on him quartering hard away.

Effective either way.. Love a good short track.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats Steve!!

Comment

Nice one

Congrats

Comment

Wouldn’t s expect anything less….. congrats on another fine deer!!!

Comment

Another GarGuy we are jealous of you thread! Congrats Steve!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X