Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakefromstateTX View Post
    I have not received it either.

I have been looking for info on if there are antler restrictions.
    Does anybody know anything about that?
    No Antler restrictions, if it’s brown it’s down pretty much.

Comment

Did anyone here scout? Curious is anyone made it to the SW corner to pastor road. East Shore road was caved in and I never had time to make it the other way down middle road.

Comment

I hope all of you guys hunting there post your stories back up here. I want to read them so I can recall all of my hunts there when I was a kid. I still have some nightmares about the place. LOL

Comment

After the rain last week, I’m glad I couldn’t make it. I’m betting the mosquitoes are extra thick right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a clear shot saturday evening at a little six point. Clean missed him at 30. That was my first shot at a deer with a bow and i still feel bummed about it. Just straight target panic i guess, he had me pinned when i made a move and i thought he would bolt so I rushed the shot. Live and learn I guess.

Comment

Well, this place is certainly no joke for hunting. Seen some deer when scouting on Friday and some does that were out of range on Saturday, let hog walk Saturday morning. However I haven't seen anything since despite hunting everyday. I am convinced that the mosquitos here are the spawn of hell! I am always happy to be hunting but this place is very discouraging for me. Only seen 4 or 5 deer harvested far on the log sheet last night along with a few hogs. Looks like alot less people hunting today but still not seeing anything moving. All the negative comments I read about this place are starting to make alot more since now. Not giving up just yet! For those of you out still here good luck!

Comment

Who all is still actively hunting Aransas right now?

Comment

I hunted Sunday eve and Monday morning. Flung a couple arrows but nothing dead. There was hardly anybody there. Heading back on Thursday.

Comment

Saturday should bring some decent weather. But Friday may see some rain.

Comment

Been out since Saturday. Saw a few does within range but didn't get them and more further out. No big bucks. Figured out you have to wear 2 layers of clothes all over in the morning. Thermacells don't work, they land on them and try to bite the Thermacell!

Comment

Right on, hats of to y'all sticking through it. I spent 13 days straight there in 2018.

Message me if you want. I'll throw everything I gathered while there to ya. Aransas is rough, but that makes sucess there a very special accomplishment for any animal on an archery hunt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

A buddy of mine killed a 6 or 9 pt this morning. He is not a THBer

Comment

My wife and I are going the last weekend of November.

Comment

I am still here today, been hunting every day since Saturday. Will be leaving later today. Took a quick shot at a buck yesterday and missed. Hoping for redemption today, hunting this place has been quite the learning experience. The conditions are challenging but there are definitely some deer out here. I have seen plenty, unfortunately not in the right place or time to get a shot at them. Good luck everyone hunting this place.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                                I hope all of you guys hunting there post your stories back up here. I want to read them so I can recall all of my hunts there when I was a kid. I still have some nightmares about the place. LOL
                                Will try again this weekend. Last weekend I got a little snack. Small piggy.

Comment

Working...
                                X