Aggie or Red Raider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aggie or Red Raider

If your kid had the choice of TAMU or TTU, what would your preference be as a parent? Pros and cons of each school are welcome. We previewed Tech yesterday and are headed to TAMU soon.

Too bad you weren't at A&M Saturday night...it could have saved you a trip to Lubbock.

Comment

what are they majoring in?

Comment

Both are good schools. Lubbock is ugly as all get out but the people that live there are some of the nicest I've ever met. College Station is a nice place to live.

I've got a daughter at A&M but if she decided to go to Tech I wouldn't have balked at all. A&M has, in my opinion, a little higher prestige to the degree and Aggies love to hire Aggies. My Daughter is super involved in Aggies for Christ but I'm sure Tech has similar groups.

Lubbock is a long way from home for me so being closer was nice. Pray about it. Look at what she wants to major in and the type of college life on campus she would like better. Either are good choices.

Comment

Aggie or Red Raider

If I’m paying for it, it would certainly depend on cost, scholarships/grants, quality of the program they desire their degree in, etc.

That being said, that Aggie ring opens doors that two guns, tortillas, and batteries won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by CentralTXHunter; 10-12-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

When looking at the post graduate network its hard to beat A&M for opening doors career wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
              Too bad you weren't at A&M Saturday night...it could have saved you a trip to Lubbock.
              HAHA!! That's gold.

The Aggie experience is second to none. The rich traditions, beautiful campus, and friendly folks. Plus, you can ask anyone, Aggies hire Aggies. And there are a lot of Aggies in hiring positions

Comment

Both of my sons went to TT and loved it. I would have rather they have went to A&M for the reasons mentioned above and the fact I could have drive there to have lunch or dinner with them from time to time and then drive back home. Tech was nearly a 9 hr drive. I always said the worst part about the drive was at the end of it I was in Lubbock, lol.

Comment

What do you call an Aggie a year after he graduates?

Comment

I was in the same boat deciding between Tech and A&M. It'd be hard to argue that A&M doesn't have a better thought of academic program, but by no means is Tech a bad school. A&M traditions border on being a cult, but you don't have to go full aggie if you don't want to. (2%er here ) I chose A&M because it was closer to where I liked to hunt and fish. Can't go wrong with either one if it's a good fit for your kid.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      What do you call an Aggie a year after he graduates?
                      Gainfully employed

Comment

My son toured both schools. He was accepted to both schools. Tech offered him money. He chose A&M because of the brotherhood. No other school supports their alumni like they do.

The tour at TT is much better. It makes it look like a better place to have fun.

Good luck with your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                          Gainfully employed
                          Or Boss . .

Comment

Go to whichever school as the best program for they major your kid wants to pursue.

Comment

TTU. Very conservative school. Quality education at a reasonable cost. My son graduated from Tech In Natural Resources Wildlife Biologist and currently a Park Ranger after working on a 70,000 acre ranch for top oil company. He loved the school. He also marched in the band for a couple of years. The football team could use some help, but all in all a good school.

Comment

Working...
                              X