Ashton's 2021 Tom Green County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashton's 2021 Tom Green County Buck

Ashton, my “New Son-n-Law” and myself ran out to my Christoval lease grounds Friday night after Brecks football game. Arrived in camp about 1:00 a.m. and up and at em around 5:00 a.m.

The morning hunt was eventful and blood was spilt as we continue to try and meet our MLD/Ranch Owners October harvest requirements. After the skinning and icing down of the deer, we sat for a little breakfast and trail camera card viewing. Nothing really jumped out on the cards so the decision was made to put Ashton in a new spot that I had set up on and pouring feed to.

My lease buddy Troy and I opted to corn a few roads and sit and glass Saturday evening while his son, Ashton and my "New Son-n-Law" went and hunted a few areas. Now running on 4 hours of sleep and a “few” deer lease kool-aids had my eye lids extremely heavy……………..Before I know it, Troy is nudging me and telling me to "check your phone, Ashton is texting you." I looked at the text and Ashton had a very mature, very wide and very solid buck in front and was just looking for a green light………..green light given, it was on!

Next text kind of went like this, “Dad made a great shot, Arrow drove through both front shoulders…….he lunged forward one step and fell right in front of me, he’s not dead yet and staring at me". But he did die and high fives all the way around.

Her buck was well known to Troy and I from previous seasons and one that is going to make a great mount! I'll get a score for you number guys once I cape him out.

Lastly, I too put an arrow in a mature buck Saturday morning, but that will be for another story. We rounded out the trip with Troy's son killing a stud of an 8 point, while everyone else pitched in on a few does and a old boar hog that the buzzards appreciated…………Troy's son's buck is impressive, very impressive.

New Son-n-Law worked out well, he is not shy about laying the does over and can skin pretty well. Asked him if he has figured out what he has married into? He politely chuckled and answered... yes sir, I about figured it out.......ha ha

Hope all have a great season and God bless.

Rwc
    Attached Files

great buck, congrats!

Comment

Great deer!!! Congrats

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Excellent job!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to Ashton again RWC! Great bucks for you both!

Love her hat!

Comment

Awesome buck and great pics!

Comment

Boom!

Congrats to Ashton and the new help around camp.

Comment

Congrats to your daughter, that’s a great buck!

Comment

Awesome buck congrats and great job getting it done Ashton.

Comment

Wow!

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats to her!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          Boom!

Congrats to Ashton and the new help around camp.
                          Yep, he's going to make a hand and treat's my daughter great, no complaints. Going to buy him a high end skinning knife for Christmas, he will need it with the little lady he married!

Rwc

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great buck....congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X