Soft Sided Rtic Cooler Zipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft Sided Rtic Cooler Zipper

So my Rtic cooler zipper head pulled loose on one side of the zipper. I called Rtic and they "don't have a repair department at this time". Has anyone found someone within the great state of Texas that repairs these things? I hate to trash it because its been a great cooler.

FYI when the CSR said they didn't have a repair department, I responded with "so your telling me its basically garbage?", she just said repeated "we don't have a repair department at this time, have a nice day" and hung up on me. Guess there wasnt anything left to say.

I called as the glue on my soft sided cooler came loose. She said use 3m 5200 clear to repair. If it’s under warranty have em replace it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man, that sucks. I had a zipper fail on my RTIC and they sent me a brand new one

Comment

Mine did the same thing. I used a zip tie as the "tab" for the zipper and it works fine for me.

Comment

I never zip mine, its hard to unzip with one hand while driving down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
            I never zip mine, its hard to unzip with one hand while driving down the road.
            Got to lube the zipper.

My zipper started coming off I glued it back on (can't remember what I used some type of Loctite heavy duty stuff.

Comment

If they don't have a repair department "at the moment", they should probably replace it. I'm assuming that a defective cooler is a repair or replace situation.

Comment

When my 20 year old cooler hinge broke. I went to ACE hardware and fixed it for $7.00

I would assume any upholstery shop could repair it. As the jeep canvas tops can be repaired there. Similar zipper. Or a seamstress shop can replace zippers.

I'd trust a 20 yr old cooler or an upholstery shop first.

Comment

Hate to say it but I had a similar situation with RTIC. They wouldn’t fix mine because I had won it at a DU banquet and wasn’t the original purchaser.

Comment

I had the same problem so I bought a yeti replacement zipper handle online

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                      I called as the glue on my soft sided cooler came loose. She said use 3m 5200 clear to repair. If it’s under warranty have em replace it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Mine has done the same with the lid. Where did you find the clear 3m 5200? Amazon and Ace are both only showing the white.

Comment

Tagged. In the same situation.

Comment

You can fix it by buying a yeti brotha!

Comment

Working...
                          X