Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what do y’all think it is bobcat or dog? Seems a little tall for a bobcat but wrong shape for a dog. Note I did have pictures of a dog just a couple days later but I personally think it’s a tall bobcat
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fowltrouble2 View Post
      Jealous you guys see deer almost every sit it seems like. I am lucky to see a deer 1 out of every 5 sits!!
      You’re not the only one bud I hardly ever see deer but most of my spots are pretty blocked in can’t see more than 40-50 yds in any direction

Comment

That's a bobcat

Comment

Definitely a Bobcat
          Originally posted by Ender View Post
          So what do y’all think it is bobcat or dog? Seems a little tall for a bobcat but wrong shape for a dog. Note I did have pictures of a dog just a couple days later but I personally think it’s a tall bobcat
          Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bobcat

Comment

There are lots of bobcats around the lake. Quite common. But there is the occasional mnt lions too, from time to time. I personally have seen one. Have also found kill piles and tons of tracks. There are also documented lion kills on some of the ranches surrounding the lake. So just be ware/warned. Yall be careful walking in and out in the dark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

Forsure bobcat! You can make out his spots too.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B5990437-543F-4472-9215-D6082F48FACE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	24559316
                  For sure a lot of cats and yotes. Here’s one of two I took a pic of last year while in my stand.

Comment

Well I shot a doe yesterday here in Iredell so I have meat. So it’s all about the buck now namely this guy
                    Attached Files

Comment

Way to go Ender !

Comment

Had a tall 4 come in to a light rattle. Could have shot him several times just wasn’t the one I wanted. He was legal though only 2.5 though and just barely over legal I’d rather give him another year

Comment

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	24559375Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1081.jpg
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	24559376Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1080.jpg
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	24559377I’ve been hunting Corp land for 30 years, and never had a real problem with anyone. Someone might leave a corn bag or water bottle, but I could just pick it up and move along. 3 years ago these guys showed up at B6, and they’re a wrecking crew. They leave a path of cut down trees and trash every where they go. I’ve found a dozen spots where they’ve hunted and they just leave a pile of trash. They gutted a deer Friday and left those gloves right in the middle of the trail. Guys like these are going to cost us the privilege of this land. Pick up your trash guys. It’s not hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Massey View Post
                              [ATTACH]932101[/ATTACH][ATTACH]932102[/ATTACH][ATTACH]932103[/ATTACH]I’ve been hunting Corp land for 30 years, and never had a real problem with anyone. Someone might leave a corn bag or water bottle, but I could just pick it up and move along. 3 years ago these guys showed up at B6, and they’re a wrecking crew. They leave a path of cut down trees and trash every where they go. I’ve found a dozen spots where they’ve hunted and they just leave a pile of trash. They gutted a deer Friday and left those gloves right in the middle of the trail. Guys like these are going to cost us the privilege of this land. Pick up your trash guys. It’s not hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Indeed that’s absurd

Comment

Unfortunately Massey, those folks are probably not on this forum/ site. Put up a similar sigh at the walkin spot?

Comment

Working...
                                X