Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

youtube banning hunting channels

Just saw this on of all things youtube
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O61P1rJlQ_8"]Youtube BANNING Hunting & Fishing Content? What The Heck Is Even Happening! - YouTube[/ame]

Small channels will keep posting I promise

Comment

That would suck

Pretty much my sole source for hunting and fishing content now

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
        That would suck

Pretty much my sole source for hunting and fishing content now
        Me too. Pretty much the only thing I watch.

Comment

Can't say I am super familiar or visit any shows or content on YouTube. As our numbers shrink as outdoorsman there will be a ton of skirmishes to stay relevant. Per the link it says hunting and fishing is acceptable......thus a double standard or another knee jerk reaction to everything in the world. Could it be a wonderful opportunity for another platform to become relevant? I have zero idea as I don't surf the web much for "content" of any type.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowd up View Post
            Small channels will keep posting I promise
            Aha, u beat me too it. When one door closes .......another always opens.[emoji457]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

One channel owner said they're targeting channels right now that have all hunting content. They will probably go after others later. They just demonetize them with no warning. Many people make their living off of youtube and they took that away because...they can.

Comment

Sounds like a market is opening up!

Comment

Hope they do it… it will help open the market for this type service…

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                    Sounds like a market is opening up!
                    yup

Comment

There was a TBH'r that had a hunting video website to post to like youtube. He shut it down a few years ago IIRC.

Comment

My son makes a living off youtube with fishing videos and he told me about this last week. He said the big channels with hunting videos are demonetized entirely for 30 days.....if they delete the hunting content then they can reapply for monetization.

Luckily my son never did hunting videos as he saw the writing on the wall years ago with the way they treated hunting content.

Hopefully another market emerges quickly for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          One channel owner said they're targeting channels right now that have all hunting content. They will probably go after others later. They just demonetize them with no warning. Many people make their living off of youtube and they took that away because...they can.
                          They are screwing over a lot of people like that. They demonetize them but keep the commercials rolling. What a scam. 20 billion in ads last year.
                          Not sure how much goes to the creators.

Comment

Rumble is proving to be a good site

Comment

1st amendment under attack from the commies again.. no surprise

Comment

Working...
                              X