2015 Ranger 900 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Ranger 900 Issue

My ranger died on me in the field today.

I took it to a skeet shoot Friday and noticed it was running funny. It would accelerate a bit and even cut off from time to time. I knew my belt was wearing out so I replaced it this morning. I also changed the spark plugs, air filter, and put some fuel cleaner in it today.

Drove around for a while and it started acting up again. When hitting the gas it would accelerate excessively. I noticed it to be worst when going uphill vs downhill.

Eventually it got worse and worse (really jerky) and then it died on me. I couldn’t even get it to idle anymore.

Maybe a bad fuel pump? Injector?

Taking it in this week, but would appreciate inputs.

Mine did the same thing a couple weeks ago and I replaced both injector harnesses and injectors BAM!! Runs like brand new now.. I did check continuity on the harnesses and I had a break somewhere but for a $130 bucks or so why not replace it all�� Good luck hope this helps

Comment

Check for broke wires around all of the throttle both and air flow sensors.

Comment

Throwing any codes?

Comment

Throttle position sensor could also be a problem. Located on the throttle body

Comment

Check your battery (fully charge or replace) and connections before you do anything else. Had similar problems (post 2 weeks ago) but in my past these units are sensitive to low battery charge. After that, replace the fuel pump assembly for pretty cheap.

Comment

Working...
            X