I Don't Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
    Found out what he drives. Get a pair of pliers and yank out all four of his valve stems. **** him.
    Hmmm….

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
      I'm a Trainee at a chemical plant on my way to be certified in a month and was just told by one person that right now, I Don't Matter. He said right now you're just a trainee and that i dont matter. Even when i get certified I'm only certified on one job so I'm not going to matter for a while at this plant. Was kind of a bad way to start the day and i dont know who ****** this guy off today. He works an opposite shift as me and i have said MAYBE 5 words to this guy before hand. I come in early everyday, work hard to learn my area for certification, and complete all my tasks on time every time. I know i cannot help by picking up overtime, but does that really mean i dont matter? Sorry just venting.
      could just be his way of telling you, everyone is expendable, be careful of what you do,, or it could be his job is in danger and he thought he was more important than he just found he was,,,, or he could just be a sour **** and he wants to drag people down with him.....

don't worry about him, work like you need to so others will think they need you

Comment

Well he is right, you dont matter.

You arent even qualified on your first post and have no experience.

What did you do before you hired in?

Thats how many people start, no process knowledge or troubleshooting skills. Just a pulse and a pair of frc's. It takes a lot of experience and knowledge to matter.

Anywhere you go there are a core group of people that matter and have it all under control. You need to get some experience, a lot of experience and excel at your job to become one of these people. No one starts out as one of these employees. It takes a lot of time and dedication which you currently do not posess. It should be your goal to get this way, but wont happen overnight.

Leave the "feels" at the gate. Not sure when this industry became so soft but its getting really bad. Expect not to be coddled.

Comment

He gave you the best advice you could ever recieve. The reality is you don't matter. If you work for a corporation or a big co.pany even if your upper management you don't matter. Your just a number and are completely replaceable by the next where that will kill themselves for the dollar. They will always be in control of your future within the company.

My best advice, start investing in yourself, learn to make your own money. You can still have your job, but start learning how to invest in real estate and the stock market. Make your own money so at some point in your life your job doesn't matter and you make your own rules.

But hey, in the mean time we all have to start somewhere and there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Doesn't he know you are an eight point on the green screen?

Comment

Remember this, the offense is within the listener not the speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                Well he is right, you dont matter.

You arent even qualified on your first post and have no experience.

What did you do before you hired in?

Thats how many people start, no process knowledge or troubleshooting skills. Just a pulse and a pair of frc's. It takes a lot of experience and knowledge to matter.

Anywhere you go there are a core group of people that matter and have it all under control. You need to get some experience, a lot of experience and excel at your job to become one of these people. No one starts out as one of these employees. It takes a lot of time and dedication which you currently do not posess. It should be your goal to get this way, but wont happen overnight.

Leave the "feels" at the gate. Not sure when this industry became so soft but its getting really bad. Expect not to be coddled.
                Around 1999!

Comment

Let him go. There are jerks everywhere.
                  Next time tell him .. merry Christmas to you too. Smile and keep walkin’

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Perfect

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    O P probably thinks I am joking. But, I am serious.

Comment

You can always flip it on him. “You’re just a guy training me. You don’t matter. Eventually I’ll be your boss.”

Comment

I Don't Matter

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        O P probably thinks I am joking. But, I am serious.

We have a guy that I’m pretty sure that is the only reason he is employed still. Man makes the best roast you’ve ever had. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                          You can always flip it on him. “You’re just a guy training me. You don’t matter. Eventually I’ll be your boss.”
                          Ha. I train every new operator we get. If one of them told me this they’d never get taught a single thing by me. Ever. Lol. Granted I treat them good. I’d never talk down to them. But there’s plenty of crap talk by everyone to everyone. Gotta have fun at work!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            Ha. I train every new operator we get. If one of them told me this they’d never get taught a single thing by me. Ever. Lol. Granted I treat them good. I’d never talk down to them. But there’s plenty of crap talk by everyone to everyone. Gotta have fun at work!
                            Some of these guys have no idea what it’s like working in that kind of atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Some of these guys have no idea what it’s like working in that kind of atmosphere.
                              Clearly. And these new dudes are getting soft. And don’t want to put in the work to be good. I’ll teach anyone anything I know. So long as you put forth the effort. I’m not spoon feeding info just for you to sit on your ***.

This isn’t directed at you OP. I wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                Sure you would. I’d be laughing as I said it and having a good time along with everyone else. I have started at the bottom, it’s just part of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X