Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been doing it for years. Prep has come a long way, procedure and recovery were never an issue

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      I don't know what kind of prep some of y'all have but mine sucked. Nothing but liquids two days before, nothing but the prep crap the day before and couldn't keep anything down for a couple of days.[emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yeah your GI doctor sucked.

Day before clear liquids like broth.

Start prep at 6pm. Surprep 6 oz bottle #1 plus 10 oz water. Plus drink 32 oz of water in the next hour after that. Did my thing until 11pm and was able to go to sleep until the next round at 4am.

4am - Bottle #2 of prep plus water above 4 hours before procedure. Did my thing until I had to leave at 7am for the procedure appointment at 8am. Had to go one more time before I got called back. Procedure was a breeze and was back home before lunch and took a nap. Ate Whataburger that evening…[emoji16].

Simple and easy …

Comment

Didn’t do mine till 59. Thank goodness it was fine. Good luck to your brother. Don’t wait as long as I did

Comment

What kind of doctor do you go see to get it scheduled? I hit the big 50 soon and during my annual physical no one has recommended it…

Comment

I'd almost do it for the sleep, at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
              What kind of doctor do you go see to get it scheduled? I hit the big 50 soon and during my annual physical no one has recommended it…
              You go to an *** doctor.....duh.

Comment

Good reminder Smart. I got my first at 45 due to family history. Originally I was on a every 3 year plan but am now on a 5 year plan. Other members of my family are on the 3 year plan with one on a yearly plan. Early diagnosis is the key here. the prep sucks. thinking about what they are doing to you sucks. If they find something, you want it found as early as possible. Way too many stories of people putting this off and waiting till it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  You go to an *** doctor.....duh.
                  So my spine guy? Or do you mean one that specializes in ***?!

Comment

Thank you, Smart, for posting this. I lost a close family member to colon cancer and currently have a buddy with stage 4. One of the most easily prevented cancers if caught early. If it's in your family or something ain't right down there, get checked!

Comment

Just had mine in July. Sucked, I've had it scheduled 3 times since last year and insurance kept screwing stuff up because I had one years ago and they found 3 polyps. Insurance kept saying, oh they found this years ago and blah blah blah....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        My middle brother got diagnosed with Stage 3 Colon Cancer today and could be bumped to stage 4 after surgery Friday. This was a big reason for my post...we knew something like this was going to be diagnosed. Add this plus several other friends that have similar diagnosis and I wanted to get folks aware. He is 50 and waited to do it when his doctor recommended. I wish he'd have done the 45 thing.
                        Sorry to hear that. Praying for him, his family and his medical team. KCA!

I’ve been putting this off myself, at 58 I’m past due. I’ll look into it and try to get it done by the end of the year. I’m not sure why I’ve put it off other than being a habitual procrastinator,

Comment

My wife did hers because the insurance "encouraged" it. Found a cancerous polyp and they nipped it off. It was isolated and she is fine. Been like 4 years now and they check her regularly.
                          Doc said she saved her own life as it was an aggressive form.
                          So yeah, I believe in them, but I don't come up again till 2023 so I'm not pushing for an early one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I need to get it done soon…..are you able to drive yourself home after the procedure? I don’t have a significant other to take me.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                              I need to get it done soon…..are you able to drive yourself home after the procedure? I don’t have a significant other to take me.
                              No, they require somebody due to the meds to knock you out.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I can second this. Dear friend of mine went in 2 weeks ago and they found some stuff....Hes working on scheduling surgery. He lost his wife to cancer about 10 years aago and has one daughter

Comment

Working...
                                X