Best cell cameras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
    Finally found the Tactacam Reveal X in stock (verizon). does anybody have reviews of this one/service/app? all the reviews are 4/5 star which has me skeptical that they arent legit.

thanks

They are great cams for the money. My only complaint is that it seems prone to condensation. Spray the lens with rain-x. Had one out last year and it was addicting.

Have 4 of the new reveal x's going out this season. Hopefully my marriage survives it!

Comment

Well so far so good. Camera is working like it should.

Comment

Unable to upload any photos.☹️

Comment

my Delta was a piece of junk. Bought a couple stealth cams that work flawlessly.

Comment

Have a couple moultries out right now and quality is good in photos. Haven’t had any issues in the past year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a few SPYPOINT cams out last season and didn’t do very well. Kept having software issues and would spaz out and takes 100s of pics until batteries would die. Will be trying out Tactacams.

Comment

Just an update, I’ve had no issues with the SPYPOINT camera other than it takes too many pictures of nothing

Comment

Best to get the unlimited plan cause you’ll need it

Comment

Also got an external battery with the solar panel.

Comment

I've had no problems with the Revel

God Bless
                      Bish

Comment

I can't give an opinion on what cell cam is good, but I can say Skypoint is garbage. Save your money

Comment

Browning. Pretty simple, affordable, quality and excellent customer service.
                          Wish the plan was a little cheaper for 6 cameras but you get what you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

On the place I hunt with my in-laws we had a Wildgame Innovations cell cam last season and it worked great for a hot minute and then it started to bugger up and eventually stopped transmitting after a month. They also billed us as if we had three accounts for a a month or two before they finally figured it out. They did do us right and their customer service was great! they replaced the Wild Game cam with a Stealth Cam Fusion and it has worked well so far.

My dad and I invested in some Moultrie Delta Base cams for a property we own and hunt in Oklahoma and they have been great so far but we are only a week into using those. I do like their app and web interface better than WildGame's or Stealthcams so far.

Comment

I have been in the cellular game camera since they 1st started coming out( tester). No mind you...Everyone has one!!! POV..
                              So with that said, there are MANY cellular trail cameras out there now with various plans. The next generation of cameras are coming where ther have integrated Sim cards and now SD cards into the cameras. So you won't have to worry about which carrier to select [which has people confused], the trail cameras use separate towers than what your cellphone uses[ but I found out if you are getting strong signals with your phone], go with that carrier. But it doesn't matter what your phone uses, it the best, strongest cellular signal in area. Then there is alway the after purchase farcus, either they are great or unless (spypoint). Now I have had the greatest success using Browning camera and I use only lithium batteries [ just this past June 24th I drove to lease 4.5hrs away to finally replace batteries in it] after being out in field since Sept 8, 2021 at 18% and still sending pictures. My Moultrie cameras are doing well, but some improvements are needed. Alway when using SD card long format then on PC and then again once in field and within camera. The new Tactacam Reveal X g2 is a duel Sim card [you pick which card gives best connection] and you can connect to wifi while in field (no you can't connect remotely from home, has to be within distance). You can then view the camera placement and field of view so you know what area camera covers. The very downside of Tactacam Reveals are their plans of pooling your pictures together if you have 2 or more cameras.... don't know about other hunters. I want my individual cameras to have their full plan photos limits[yeah you can go unlimited plan, but pictures still lumped together or you can purchase their overage plan $5 extra. The new spypoint Flex has integrated Sim already installed, once powered on it will search for best tower single and use which Sim card within is getting stronger signal. Users don't have to worry about which carrier to select. Next new camera is coming and has integrated dual Sim and built-in memory(so NO SD cards needed). Now I know this is long wind, but hope it helps someone make a good choice when purchasing their 1st cellular camera. Do your research and look carefully into which plans will suit your tastes.
                              Good hunting and show them pictures
                              OK

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                I can't speak to the model you are asking about but a year ago we bought 5 SPYPOINT Cell links to convert existing cameras to cellular. Two of them are still working great, the other three we sent back multiple times and finally gave up. We have one Spartan which has worked flawlessly but being a tightwad I decided to try a Tactacam Reveal X for about $135 vs the Spartan for $350-400. I may be guilty of being "pennywise but pound foolish" but they have gotten good reviews - several threads here on them. Problem is they don't seem to be available anywhere - I'm on the email waiting list at 3 different online retailers.
                                JERP
                                TRY Academy if one near you. Only problem I have found with my Tactacams ( have Revel X g1 and new Revel X g2- duel Sim cards). In have the starter plan for 250 photos limit per month. Problem is having two Revel X, they lump/pool your pictures all together instead of each 250 camera. This will use up the 500 limit if one of your camera takes more photos then 2nd camera (say over looking food plot vs one looking into buck area)ares. Yes it will continue talking pictures, but not send due to 500 plan limit reached. I would rather havebmy individual cameras get there own limit. Course you can pull cards to view.... but that defeats purpose of cellular camera.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X