No announcement yet.

Smoked Chicken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get 3 chic and do 1brine 1dryrub 1mopsauce all at same time .... then tell us

my fav is garlic salt ,pepper,lots of slow smoke

Comment

I don't over think the chicken, tony's creole butter injection and salt lick or chupacabra or whatever other dry rub I have handy. Smoke it till it looks right at any temperature between 250 and 325.

Comment

I've never tried brine, but I do marinate the chicken in Italian dressing overnight. I usually coat the chicken with Tony's or a Jamaican Jerk seasoning just before cooking, then cook slow at about 225-250F. I've used my offset smoker and my gas grill. Both were great, the offset had the more smoky flavor of course....

Comment

COLD Brine 4-8 hours at 40* or lower. Rinse and pat dry. Apply under the skin where possible too. Add favorite rub and let sit while getting the fire right. Smoke at 300-325* until breast is 160*. Then cover or wrap in foil for 15-30 minutes. Juices will balance around.

If you kept the bird whole, it's not a bad time to use the beer can method. Cover the neck opening with a onion, potato, or something.

Comment

I dont brine. Just rub with seasoning, beer can in the butt, and smoke away at 250 or so.

Comment

No brine for me. Spatchcock, remove the breast bone, pat dry , use SP&G on the inside. Flip, rub with olive oil and season with the rub of your choice( I like Chupacabra chicken, Killen’s BBQ rub, Bellville Meat Market roasted chicken rub among others). Cook at 300° , flip after an hour ,go for another hour, take it off and let it rest for 30 minutes under aluminum foil. Always nice and moist.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                No brine. Inject with a jalepeno creole butter. Use a rub called Clucker Duster from Sucklebusters. Do the beer can method. Pour half the beer out, add rub into can and cook the bird sitting up on the can.
                Tried this tonight. Didn't take pics but it was easy to do and everyone loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Never seen a reason to brine.

I smoke at 250-275 until breast is 165-170 pull and let rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  This, spatchcock and season under the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                    1/2 cup mayo
                    2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
                    1/2 tsp lemon juice
                    1/2 tsp horseradish
                    1/2 tsp salt
                    1/2 tsp pepper
                    1/8 tsp cayenne.
                    Alabama white sauce. This is legit. I will dredge my chicken through this sauce once they are done. Don't get any on your forehead.

Comment

No brine. Sprinkle some dry rub on it and put it in the smoker on 275. I usually split the birds in half. Unless it’s a turkey. Mesquite chips a few times. Always smells smokier than it tastes. I eat one half for a meal that night. Then some for homemade smoked chicken noodle soup, smoked chicken salad or on a salad or smoked chicken sandwiches. Anything is better with the chicken smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                        Alabama white sauce. This is legit. I will dredge my chicken through this sauce once they are done. Don't get any on your forehead.
                        Just tried this last week for the first time on the recommendation from a friend. I do brine all poultry because, I do. I do thoroughly rinse and dry prior to any white sauce and or rub application to keep it from being too salty. Try the white sauce and remember to keep some for dipping. Best of luck to ya. It’ll be great!

Comment

Working...
                        X