Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Security disability canceled AND diagnosed with Parkinson’s in the same month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Social Security disability canceled AND diagnosed with Parkinson’s in the same month

My family and I need some prayers please.

To make a long story as short as possible, I got put on Social Security Disability in 2013 because I’m hard headed, push myself, and ended up needing 5 surgeries on my left foot. Had to stop working for a while, but I can’t stand doing nothing so I got a job driving a school bus. In the summer of 2019 I tried to see if I could go to work full time driving for Waco Transit. After 4 weeks I had to quit. The pain was unbearable at the end of each shift, and I’ve got a very high pain tolerance. So I went back to driving a school bus.

Well, 2 weeks ago I got a notice in the mail from social security that they canceled my disability, effective June of 2019. Plus, I also now have to pay back the last 2 years of overpayments which is due in 30 days.

To make matters worse, my feet (both now) have gotten MUCH worse along with other odd symptoms. Well, after a brain scan and 3 different doctor diagnosis’s, I now have Parkinson’s disease. So I’m loosing my CDL and my bus driving job too.

But I have faith that God will see us through this. Satan has attacked us in the past but God has ALWAYS guided us to safety. This time will be no different.

Sending up an extra prayer for you bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent up for you all

Comment

Prayers for your medical issues.

Social Security had very specific rules on how much income you can make all while on disability.

Here is a link to a booklet on subject.

Good Luck with getting it all fixed.

Comment

Prayers up for you and your family...

Comment

Start with God. Then I think I would get something in writing from my doctor stating the new diagnosis and get that to em asap. Personally I get a second opinion as well. Why? My mother was treated for Parkinson’s and didn’t have it after all!
              A former co worker of mine was correctly diagnosed as has stayed fairly level. He got into a boxing exercise program that keeps him limbered up and he walks whenever the heats isn’t too oppressive.
              Your a fighter, and God has the last word. Ask, seek, and knock, or pound!

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Man, that's a lot, but He promised it'll never be too much! Prayer sent^ right now.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Since you obviously cannot work now you might see about reapplying for disability.

Comment

The only way to deal with SS concerning disability is with a lawyer that specializes in that.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                            Prayers for your medical issues.

Social Security had very specific rules on how much income you can make all while on disability.

Here is a link to a booklet on subject.

Good Luck with getting it all fixed.

Thank you.

I got handed several of those booklets years ago. Was also told by multiple social security staff as recent as December of 2020 that if you exceed the maximum monthly income then social security would, at worst, decrease what I was receiving per month. Never had anyone ever said anything about it being stopped completely. I’m currently searching for those booklets that I was given.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Start with God. Then I think I would get something in writing from my doctor stating the new diagnosis and get that to em asap. Personally I get a second opinion as well. Why? My mother was treated for Parkinson’s and didn’t have it after all!
                              A former co worker of mine was correctly diagnosed as has stayed fairly level. He got into a boxing exercise program that keeps him limbered up and he walks whenever the heats isn’t too oppressive.
                              Your a fighter, and God has the last word. Ask, seek, and knock, or pound!
                              Thank you!

I’m working on getting the latest diagnosis in writing. The last doc that I saw was actually the 4th one that I have seen regarding this. The first 3 were at the same practice. 2 said Parkinson’s and one said no based on my physical exam while I was on Parkinson’s medication and despite a positive brain scan. So this last doc was my “second opinion “.

Comment

Working...
                              X