Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
    I’m hunting Bahia Grande next month and have zero experience with rattlers. I have some Turtleskinz gaiters I’ll be wearing with my crispi nevadas. Still considering what my option for rubber boots will be if it’s raining. My question is what do you do when you hear rattling?
    VACATE that spot

Comment

I’m hunting Bahia Grande next month and have zero experience with rattlers. I have some Turtleskinz gaiters I’ll be wearing with my crispi nevadas. Still considering what my option for rubber boots will be if it’s raining. My question is what do you do when you hear rattling?
      The problem I had when I hunted there was the snakes were in the top of the grass thigh high. Scared the ever loving **** out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
        The problem I had when I hunted there was the snakes were in the top of the grass thigh high. Scared the ever loving **** out of me.
        I didn't experience any rattle snakes at thigh high height, but I did step down on one of those green grass troll head type patches of grass after carefully making it about 100 yards at that point, watching every step avoiding everything that could poke, stab, and cut me, only to step directly down on top of a rattle snake. Luckily the grass I stepped down on pinned him between the two of us. Pretty unnerving feeling your foot vibrate and knowing you have no where to go. Everything immediately around you wants to hurt you. I had to just stand for a few seconds on top of him while I debated my next step, while trying not to soil myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
          That just sent a chill down my neck. Thanks bud

Comment

I will be down at Bahia Grande Feb 4-8th for archery, anyone else get drawn for this hunt?
            This will be my first hunt down there, looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodray12 View Post
              I will be down at Bahia Grande Feb 4-8th for archery, anyone else get drawn for this hunt?
              Good luck! It's a hell of an adventure!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been waiting for a Bahia grande ‘22 thread to pop up. I’ll be down the 2nd week. Would appreciate any insight you gain from your trip. My first time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                  Good luck! It's a hell of an adventure!

Thanks, pretty pumped for it.

I’ve been waiting for a Bahia grande ‘22 thread to pop up. I’ll be down the 2nd week. Would appreciate any insight you gain from your trip. My first time as well.
                  Might need to start a thread on it.

Comment

Thanks, pretty pumped for it.

Might need to start a thread on it.
                    Do it! End this one and start a Bahia Grande Thread![emoji869]

Comment

Working...
                    X