Time for a new string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a new string?

Noticed this spot on my string. Can it be repaired/restored, or is this one of those things that indicate the need for a new string?
    Attached Files

That looks like the serving is coming off, they should be able to repair it. If it were me though I would just get a new set of strings.

Comment

Agree with above...serving can be repaired but if me and depending on age of string, I may just bite the bullet and buy a new one.

Comment

Same as above 2 answers. Take it to the shop and see what they think… if wanting to change it up, contact muddyfuzzy for some 60x strings, or whoever the shop uses

Comment

Back that pic up. Could be a rubbing issue caused by cam lean or other issues

If string is over 3 then I’d change reguardless

Comment

Low Fence is on to something, make sure that there is not something causing that or you are going to buy 2 strings when it shows up on the first string

Comment

Everyone should learn their bow and be able to fix a simple string, serving issue. It's not that complicated or cost prohibitive.

Comment

String is coming up on its 6th season. Now was shot heavily for 2-3 seasons then only occasionally, and started shooting it again daily. Noticed the damaged area appear rather quickly so sounds like I should just change the strings out. I’ve got another set, but they are lime green, lol

Comment

Working...
                X