Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New FFP, Lightweight Scope-- Prayers answered??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New FFP, Lightweight Scope-- Prayers answered??

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DseS8h6dsc&t=6s"]DLO Live! EP.26 Six Months with Vortex Razor HD-LHT 4.5-22x50 - YouTube[/ame]

A FFP version of the Razor HD LHT, with a new reticle ( https://vortexoptics.com/media/.rend...RS_I_RI_ST.jpg )

Mag Range: 4.5-22x
    Obj: 50mm
    Tube: 30mm
    Weight: 21.7oz!!!
    Illuminated: Partial cross, not the whole tree
    Parallax: 25m to inf

PRICE: $1499(map)

Watched the review, the reviewer is a well known member of snipers hide and knows optics very well. At one point he even states for a mountain rifle he will take the FFP LHT over the March 3-24 because the LHT has better depth of field and less finicky parallax adjustment (which is why my March went down the road)

Good:
    -smashes into the growing niche of lightweight, FFP, hunting optics which most manufacturers have left alone, competition will increase and bring more good options
    -REV Stop locking turret, this is slick and tactile-- if you look back to my review of the SFP LHT vs VX5HD I gave the win to the LHT on turrets against the CDS-ZL2
    -Glass- every bit as good as the leupold HD glass from their SFP lines, the LHT line is Japanese manufacture

Less Good
    - smaller FOV and a basic eyepiece (no fast focus)
    - push button illum (must cycle through)

Mine should arrive this week I hope and then to the range next week! I know Vortex is as touchy a subject on here as a Tikka but I think this is really worth a shot for the rifles I want to put one on. My 2x AMGs have been mechanically/optically awesome and when I owned Viper HD binos there were no issues either.

I ordered mine a few days ago. Seems like a pretty solid option for a lighterweight hunting option without sacrificing too much ability.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      I ordered mine a few days ago. Seems like a pretty solid option for a lighterweight hunting option without sacrificing too much ability.
      Let's compare notes when mine gets here! Going on a 7saum, what about yours?

Comment

Going on a 6 Creed that’s currently running an ATACR 4-16.

Comment

Nice! That'll save a good bit of weight!

Comment

We've had one of the prototypes in here for a while that was going on a project for someone who is part of the company. It seems like a solid scope, and one that fills a very empty niche at the moment. So far, March is the only one that really competes in this area. It is a part of the Razor lineup, so there is a good chance it's going to prove out over the long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
              We've had one of the prototypes in here for a while that was going on a project for someone who is part of the company. It seems like a solid scope, and one that fills a very empty niche at the moment. So far, March is the only one that really competes in this area. It is a part of the Razor lineup, so there is a good chance it's going to prove out over the long haul.
              I have one that will be going on a 7saum (now 7lb 1.7oz w/ scope) and the other will go on a 338RUM that should finish around 8lb 13oz with scope. Both of which came from yall!

Will advise on how they hold up!

Comment

Eyeing this one for a new APR light weight build.
                Nice specs!

Comment

Mounted up!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Controls are good, turret is very tactile and hashes index nicely. Parallax is 3/4 turn from 25 to Infinity. Weight is right on the money at 21.7oz without the included bikini cover or sunshade. Magnification adjustment is firm but not difficult, cold temps and gloves would benefit from a throw lever.

Reticle looks great; need to compare dimensions to the XLR reticle from the original, non-illum HSLR FFP, seems similar but maybe a bit more usable at low light.

Will hit the range next week.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                      Controls are good, turret is very tactile and hashes index nicely. Parallax is 3/4 turn from 25 to Infinity. Weight is right on the money at 21.7oz without the included bikini cover or sunshade. Magnification adjustment is firm but not difficult, cold temps and gloves would benefit from a throw lever.

Reticle looks great; need to compare dimensions to the XLR reticle from the original, non-illum HSLR FFP, seems similar but maybe a bit more usable at low light.

Will hit the range next week.
                      How’s the edge to edge clarity? Vortex seems to suffer from that. And chromatic aberration. This one looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        How’s the edge to edge clarity? Vortex seems to suffer from that. And chromatic aberration. This one looks promising.
                        Looking forward to getting it on some targets! It was dark last night when I got home so I didn’t get a chance to check it out. Definitely will try to get some side by side pics with the other scopes. I don’t have a resolution chart so it’ll be a bit less scientific.

Also very interested in FOV at similar magnification compared to others because I know this scope did lose some FOV because of the simple eyepiece design that helps cut weight.

Comment

This may be the scope that goes on my new Begara HMR in 300prc. I wanted mainly a hunting rifle but the ability to stretch it out a bit as well

Vortex is 6 months out on them so I have some time to wait for a solid review

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

WELL- mounted this up- and ran it to 700y on my 7saum with 162 ELDMs @ 2830fps- tracked perfectly and held over perfectly. Quick down and dirty. Will shoot it more next week as I have Utah mule deer tag at the end of the month but initial confidence is high.

Comment

After a month and some change of shooting how are you liking the scope?

Comment

Working...
                              X