How to age Bucks on the Hoof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better yet, buy this book.

I’m excited to announce the NEW UPDATED EDITION of  Observing & Evaluating Whitetails  by Dave Richards & Al Brothers is now AVAILABLE!      Observing & Evaluating Whitetails  is used by...

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      Pretty sure Dr Deer, Kroll, put out a video on it. Watched it at a outfitters lodge in Kansas before a hunt one time, they were surprised I was one of his students at SFA.
      I have that tape….

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Funny that you bring up Dr. James Kroll. Now don’t for a minute think that I have no respect for man. He has forgotten more about deer and their habits than I can learn in the rest of my lifetime. But I’ll always remember a story that he wrote for Texas Trophy Hunters magazine in the late 80s or early 90s. I believe it was called “ The Ghost Of Boggy Slough. Boggy Slough was one of his management properties and there was a huge monarch living there that he started hunting. The story read that he made a less than perfect shot on that deer and ended up pushing him through the woods until he was finally on the ground. At the end he said that it took 5 more perfectly placed shots to put the deer down. I always wondered how you could get 5 more perfectly placed shots in a wounded deer in the woods of East Texas. Fast forward at the Houston TTHA show that summer he had a booth there. For what I don’t remember. He had one of his students running the booth and I told him that I enjoyed the story but doubted all of the “well placed shots” on a wounded deer running through the woods. He responded by saying that he saw the deer and yes they were all “well placed shots. They were well placed in the legs, the arse and any other place he could put a bullet”. He was snickering the whole time.
        Pretty sure he was called out over a knife type hunt when he was supposedly injured and could not work or something too.

The book linked looks like a great buy Mule Skinner.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
          Number 6 kind of reminds me of me

Dude I laughed. That’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All I know is don't forget the .5!!!

Comment

Got share this with my Dad...again...every deer in his book is over 5 and we cant let the neighbors shoot it. This old guys are tough on the bucks sometimes

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Once they hit 9, they go back to 4
                  that is my nemesis oni deer that disappear for a year or two then show back up.

is that HIM, or is that his grandson?

Comment

Working...
                  X