2017 Ram 2500 6.7L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Ram 2500 6.7L

Potentially buying a 2017 Ram 2500 with the 6.7L tomorrow. Any specific 4th gen problems or problems specific to this year model? It is completely stock and has never been deleted or tuned.

Thanks!

Problems? It's a Dodge Ram. LOL

I think everybody makes good truck nowadays.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't know anything about the Dodge, but have a 2017 Chevrolet 3500 HD Dually in the classifieds if it falls through

Comment

I have a 17 only issues so far have been ball joints and a universal replaced at 175k batteries at 120k a hub bearing at 135k 190k on her and still rolling

Comment

Traction control module going out is about the only issue that seems to be common. I just had to replace mine on my 2018 with 39,000 miles on it. $900 at the dealership. Aggravating that it is a very common problem and there's no assistance/recall from Dodge.

Comment

80,000 on my 2018 and no issues so far. This is my first truck that isn't a silverado and I bought it due to chevy electronic issues on late models (we have silverados at work too). Honestly I love the truck, the only 2 complaints I have is the location of the grease fitting on the front drive shaft which the manual tells you to grease every oil change and the oil filter location.

Comment

Transmissions are weak, but if it's not been tuned you should be fine.

Comment

I had a 2018 I just got rid of. It had many issues.
                One you can tell is the touchscreen delaminates around the edges. Look close. After a while it becomes inoperable. About 1200 to fix.
                Here are other issues I had, harder to check though.
                Mine was 6.4.
                Is any of this common? Not sure….but.
                Back up camera was intermittent, blue screen or scrambled image some of the time.
                Drivers seat power adjuster broke, I rigged it, but $700 in parts alone for new seat base. Can’t just replace a $20 flexy rod.
                Transmission was sketchy and wouldn’t shift below 4th while I towed near the end of my ownership.
                Windshield washer pump worked about 1 month total for the 3 years I owned it. Fixed it under warranty once and stopped working again right after warranty ran out. $800 module to fix it…it all connected.
                Fuel level sender went out, they had to drop the tank. That was $600ish if I remember.
                It was my 3rd and last Ram.
                Good
                Luck

Comment

I have a 2015 with 98k miles. I haven’t had any problems besides a fuel pump. I deleted it at 80k miles and wish I would have done it sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                    I had a 2018 I just got rid of. It had many issues.
                    One you can tell is the touchscreen delaminates around the edges. Look close. After a while it becomes inoperable. About 1200 to fix.
                    Here are other issues I had, harder to check though.
                    Mine was 6.4.
                    Is any of this common? Not sure….but.
                    Back up camera was intermittent, blue screen or scrambled image some of the time.
                    Drivers seat power adjuster broke, I rigged it, but $700 in parts alone for new seat base. Can’t just replace a $20 flexy rod.
                    Transmission was sketchy and wouldn’t shift below 4th while I towed near the end of my ownership.
                    Windshield washer pump worked about 1 month total for the 3 years I owned it. Fixed it under warranty once and stopped working again right after warranty ran out. $800 module to fix it…it all connected.
                    Fuel level sender went out, they had to drop the tank. That was $600ish if I remember.
                    It was my 3rd and last Ram.
                    Good
                    Luck
                    Buddy at work is having same issue on his 18.

Comment

Check the wheel seals on the rear axle.

Comment

Picked it up in Weatherford on Thursday. Well worth burning a day of vacation to drive up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X