Bow maxed out….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow maxed out….

Does a bow perform better maxed out?? I ask cause I’ve got my Full Throttle turned down to 60lbs & got to thinking about this & was thinking about trying to find a Full Throttle with 60lbs limbs. That way I’ve got the 70lb’er for pigs & the 60lb’er for deer. Right now at 60lbs it’s running a 471gr Gt Pierce at 290fps which is really plenty for anything but you can’t have to many bows.[emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short answer- yes and bow will perform better closer to maxed out

Comment

I would think so.

Comment

Yep. Specs are based on those parameters

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Short answer- yes and bow will perform better closer to maxed out

That’s what I thought. Now I’ll need to try & find a 60lb’er. Which do a rough look for one but couldn’t find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the better way to say it is that the bow will be most efficient near max draw weight. but, as long as you are within manufacturer specs, your bow will shoot just fine at the lowest weight allowed.

Comment

I was told by a bow shop that the bow will preform better at the upper end, But the difference is so small you will never be able to tell.

Comment

Watch "60LB MAX VS 70LB TURNED DOWN" on YouTube

Interesting video

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                  I was told by a bow shop that the bow will preform better at the upper end, But the difference is so small you will never be able to tell.
                  This true and the shooter may perform better if the draw is a bit lighter. There's a balancing act. I will also add that there are a number things that go into tuning and most of those are more important than the limb bolts being maxed out.

I think the actual correct stance would be on the opposite end of the spectrum. You can run into more performance and tuning issues if the bolts are backed out too much.

Comment

Working...
                  X