Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Trimmers

Originally posted by Codie View Post
    Honestly your quotes are VERY reasonable. By the time you buy a nice pole saw with extension you will have spent $400 of the bids cost and will still have to do it yourself and haul it all off/ burn it

You must have missed the part about these being little bitty subdivision trees. The trunk ain’t 6” diameter. Biggest limb is an inch or two!

I can use the pole saw for cutting shooting lanes at the lease too!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
      Read the reviews on that one and folks are sorry to see them being discontinued, which is no big deal until you try to score a battery when that one kicks the bucket. Since I have some other 18 volt Ryobi stuff and a few spare batteries I may just buy the 18 volt flavor of that one. Small branches, and easy reach. Shouldn't be that big of a deal. Even for an 18 volt.
      Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

Call the guy with the $580 quote and tell them I have $500 can you do it. $580 is not bad, I have three big trees in the front yard and a crew trimmed them up and cut 4 or 5 big limbs down and hauled everything off for $600.

Comment

Ya know, with the right kind of cooler and right kind of beer, you could get all that done for nuthin!!!!
          Just sayin!!!

Comment

Is the 40 volt that much better do you think?

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
            Ya know, with the right kind of cooler and right kind of beer, you could get all that done for nuthin!!!!
            Just sayin!!!
            Now we're talking! Beer I got!

Comment

Make sure they are insured, and bonded.

Comment

Buy a cooler full of beer for a TBHer to borrow his pole saw/chain saw and get it done lol

Comment

Yea beer and chainsaw, that's a good combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                    Yea beer and chainsaw, that's a good combo.
                    Apparently, you haven’t done much chainsawing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                      Honestly your quotes are VERY reasonable. By the time you buy a nice pole saw with extension you will have spent $400 of the bids cost and will still have to do it yourself and haul it all off/ burn it

Yeah but you will still have the tool for future use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        You must have missed the part about these being little bitty subdivision trees. The trunk ain’t 6” diameter. Biggest limb is an inch or two!

I can use the pole saw for cutting shooting lanes at the lease too!
                        Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        Yeah but you will still have the tool for future use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I get it - I speak from experience. Bought the $400 worth of Stihl and $100 worth of extension ladder and still ended up paying a pro $4k to trim all my trees. I did buy some brush heads and use the Stihl for that now so it wasn’t completely wasted money, but if tree trimming is the only use I would just pay someone. It really is a lot more work than just cutting the limbs (or at least it was a lot more than I had in mind)

Comment

Double post

Comment

Just make sure it's a legit company that has workers comp insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                              Keep getting quotes. Someone needs the money. Haul off is always a pain. A limb in the air is 3 times bigger on the ground. Someone is having a slow day with bills to pay. I have some young guys come out do mine. They aim high w me, last time they wanted 400. I paid 200 when it was over. Hit them during brush pickup. The haul off is a pain and if they can leave it behind it will save you money.
                              X2, this thinking has worked for me in a similar tree cutting/haul off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                                Call the guy with the $580 quote and tell them I have $500 can you do it. $580 is not bad, I have three big trees in the front yard and a crew trimmed them up and cut 4 or 5 big limbs down and hauled everything off for $600.
                                X2, doesn’t cost you to try this, if they are hungry and need a paying job, they will negotiate.

Comment

Working...
                                X