Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have power and my neighbor doesn’t Ida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have power and my neighbor doesn’t Ida?

I’m just wondering how the first 3 houses on our street have power and all the neighborhoods around us have power but the neighbor 30 feet from me and across the street doesn’t have power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Black Ice; 09-04-2021, 12:21 AM.

Might be on different part of the grid or they didn't pay the bill...

Comment

My old house was that way. My next door neighbor was on a different line.

Comment

Different transformers

Comment

When we lived in Katy we were on the same circuit with the sewage lift station. After a storm our power was restored within a few hours when the houses across the street might be out for several weeks.

Comment

Same thing happened at my old place after Harvey, neighbors across the street were without power for a week after ours came back on. Their power was provided by a different set of lines and a tree had fallen over the lines about 1/8 mile west of their house.

Probably a similar situation here.

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
              Different transformers

I'd go with this. The main running down the road is probably 13K volts. Transformers change to household voltage.

Comment

My house and shop are on different meters. I have had power go off in house but still have power in shop, they are just on different transformers

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  I'd go with this. The main running down the road is probably 13K volts. Transformers change to household voltage.
                  Look at the conduit that goes into your meter. There should be a colored piece of ribbon tied around it. At least in Houston area. They use that to identify different transformers I believe. So they know who is on which one.

Something along those lines

Comment

We have that happen where I live during Hurricanes. Two doors down and even across the street they will have electricity for days ahead of my home. It’s the grid. My neighbor is putting in a home generator with an extra plug so I can hook up as well. Not having electricity stinks as you know. Wish all the folks on the coast well.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                      We have that happen where I live during Hurricanes. Two doors down and even across the street they will have electricity for days ahead of my home. It’s the grid. My neighbor is putting in a home generator with an extra plug so I can hook up as well. Not having electricity stinks as you know. Wish all the folks on the coast well.
                      If it's a long road, subdivision there could possibly be alternate feeds, to balance the load.

Comment

Different lines or different transformers probably. Start of the ice storm power was on at my neighbors but was out from my house going east.

Or he could have tripped the fuse at the top of the power pole and could be an easy fix. Mine did that all the time down at my bardominium behind my house.

Comment

During the freeze we were without power almost 48hrs. The neighborhood behind is never lost power and mostly all new construction. Different part of the grid I guess.

Comment

Yeah they pulled my power from the transformer in front of my neighbors house and ran it underground to my house. We both have power but other neighbor does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Inline fuse blown.

Comment

Working...
                              X