Perry's no Peep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perry's no Peep

Just ordered one today. I am tired of hassling with peep sights and missing out on shots due to not enough light coming though. I'll keep yall updated on how it is sighting it in! I believe the address is perrysnopeep.com. I ordered it today and he sent it today so that says something in my book..

Can’t wait for a review.

Comment

Following

Comment

I have a mint one I’ll sell, PM me if interested.

Comment

I like the idea, similar to Hind sight, but this design means you can't use it with a sliding sight. Have to be fixed pins. Interested to see how it works for you. I like the concept and have used Hind sight in the past. Like the fact it removes all torque and is great in low light, but not sure I'm ready to go back. But, if I do, I need one that works with a slider

Comment

Just watched the YouTube video. Interesting.

Comment

Until I had to start using a magnifier lens on my sight, I shot without a peep for several years. I did 2 different methods of eliminating a peep. At first I just clamped a nock set in my string where the peep had been and used that for an anchor reference for my eye. I sighted right down beside the nock set. Then to reduce the size and weight on my string, I just tied a few wraps of bright chartreuse green serving into the string where the peep normally goes. That worked best. It was small yet very visible in all light levels, and it did not add mass to the string. It also did not change my anchor point or shooting form. All I had to do was move my sight to compensate for looking beside the string as opposed to looking through the string.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Until I had to start using a magnifier lens on my sight, I shot without a peep for several years. I did 2 different methods of eliminating a peep. At first I just clamped a nock set in my string where the peep had been and used that for an anchor reference for my eye. I sighted right down beside the nock set. Then to reduce the size and weight on my string, I just tied a few wraps of bright chartreuse green serving into the string where the peep normally goes. That worked best. It was small yet very visible in all light levels, and it did not add mass to the string. It also did not change my anchor point or shooting form. All I had to do was move my sight to compensate for looking beside the string as opposed to looking through the string.
                That's like the way it was done before peeps. Way less accurate.

In for the results of the new option.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, BoB you are right about the history of it, but as to accuracy, I was extremely proficient with this method. Only reason I switched back to a large aperture peep is because my tired old eyes needed the help of magnification on my sight and that coupled with the reduced ability to focus, I could not "see" the thread served into the string well enough. Given good form and practice, this method can be VERY accurate.

Comment

I need to try something. Low light kills me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

ive been interested in going no peep as well. had mine get twisted to where I couldn't see out of it after hiking through some thick brush.

Comment

Hey Billy, my set up is an HHA Kingpin slider single pin sight with a 4X lens and I use a large 3/8" aperture peep that gives me enough light to shoot in about any legal shooting light. The large aperture peep when looking through it is about the same size as the whole front HHA sight housing so I just center the pin on my target... the 4X allows me to see very well with that set up.

Comment

Just came in!!! Order time was 4 days coming from NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X