Grinding Concrete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grinding Concrete?

I have a shop slab that's total crap. They couldn't get it smooth & level by using a trowel so they decided to put a broom finish on it Is my assumption). It didn't help & looks like total crap. What's the most efficient & economical way to grind it smooth?

(I didn't tell them to use a broom finish. I've never seen a broom finish on interior concrete & don't recommend it. As bad of a job they did, it'll never be level but I want it smooth. WeldRite Construction out of Waxahachie is who did this concrete job.)

Self leveling concrete on top.

Comment

Comment

When I had my shop poured it rained on it that night and I was very disappointed in the finished texture. I did a lot of research and decided to repair it my self to save money. I rented this https://www.homedepot.com/c/concrete_equipment_rental machine from Home Depot and did it myself. I bought an extra disc on amazon to be on the safe side incase the one they had with the machine was near end of life and it was. It took me 1 day to get my floor where I was happy. I did a dry pass over it, cleaned all the dust off (there was a lot), and did a wet grind. Overall I was happy with the end result. I put a clear sealer over it, you can see the aggerate in it so it almost looks like a epoxy floor with flake. My shop is 40x60, if you are near the Mont Belvieu area you are welcome to come take a peek at it.

Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
          Self leveling concrete on top.
          The high spots are so high, if I add anything then the walk-thru door won't open. It's bad.

Comment

Here’s a small example.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	418EC350-ECD4-4B0A-BB20-9B436F111BC0.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	24587095

Comment

Contact Snowflake Killer on here, he has a concrete polish, stain company.

Comment

Snowflake Killa my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by sling shot View Post
                  Snowflake Killa my bad.
                  Done. Thanks!

Comment

That's going to take a lot of grinding. You may end up with exposed aggregate but at least it would be easy to clean up. I would use a big rider with diamond cutters.

Comment

I think I would start with self leveling and trowel it flush with the high spots, and basically fill in the low grove areas. Going to be a lot of work whatever way you go.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                        Here’s a small example.
                        [ATTACH]965055[/ATTACH]
                        WOW that's bad!
                        Unless there was a hurricane overhead that day there is no excuse

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          Here’s a small example.
                          [ATTACH]965055[/ATTACH]
                          Absolutely not! If you paid a contractor for that, they need to come back and fix it. A smooth trowel finish is not hard for someone that knows what they’re doing.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            Absolutely not! If you paid a contractor for that, they need to come back and fix it. A smooth trowel finish is not hard for someone that knows what they’re doing.
                            He has been banned from my property. This is just 1 aspect where he failed miserably. He WILL be getting a bill!

Comment

Wow, did you pay them in full ? I would grind and polish it, you can hire it done for maybe around 3 dollars a foot if you are not too picky, I had the inside of my restaurant polished, it was 3.50 a foot, they did what is called a salt and pepper look, aggregates slightly showing.

Comment

Working...
                              X