Flies for Night trout Fishing Under Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flies for Night trout Fishing Under Lights

I've been using a small glass minnow at night and it works until the fish get educated. At that point I move and find other lights. I'm wondering if I tossed a fly in when the bite slowed if I could catch a few more fish.

What are your favorite fly patterns for trout fishing under lights?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Outback View Post
    I've been using a small glass minnow at night and it works until the fish get educated. At that point I move and find other lights. I'm wondering if I tossed a fly in when the bite slowed if I could catch a few more fish.

What are your favorite fly patterns for trout fishing under lights?

Thanks!
    White Clouser Minnow.

Small shrimp patterns have worked well for me also at times. I have been meaning to try an EP minnow or one of the small resin minnows, but haven't gotten to it.

If the fish are still actively feeding, but not hitting, then I would switch flies. If they go down, give it a rest for 15-20 minutes and they will starting feeding again. Or, if they quit feeding, try throwing something on the bottom for reds or flounder.

Comment

Best results I've had under the lights, are with live bait (of course) or the small minnow type plastics that have reflective eyes on the jig head. Would assume a fly with reflective eyes should do the same. Good luck!

Comment

Clouser, seaducer, or deceiver patterns. My best color patterns were white/pink, white/red, white/tan. Never did that well on black.

Comment

Clousers and glass minnow flies. Basically just Mylar strips that are pearl and white. You can pit a glue head on it for a little weight if you want.

Comment

They will catch on quick under lights. I used to take the hooks off a top water and tie a slow sinking fly about 3’ behind it to keep the lure in front of them longer. Worked well for picky fish.

Comment

Working...
            X