Draw hunts for the youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw hunts for the youth

Which ones should I apply for my son. He will be 8 in august and I’m getting excited

How far are you wanting/willing to travel???

Comment

A couple hours.

Comment

I have not had my kids draw a hunt within a couple of hours of Arlington (assuming that's where your from). All of ours have been a ways off so I don't have any first hand knowledge of any that are closer to you.

There's some WMA's pretty close to your time frame that looked ok to me (on paper they looked good anyways). Maybe someone with more actual experience with those units will chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
          Which ones should I apply for my son. He will be 8 in august and I’m getting excited
          Apply for the ones that you can actually go to.
          The first hunt my son drew was Gus Engling. Killed his first 2 deer there. He drew that hunt 3 times. He also drew RC. Saw a lot of deer, but all were out of his comfort range. He also drew Keechi Creek and killed a deer there.
          If he doesn’t draw, show up for stand by. He’ll probably get to hunt.
          Good luck!!!

Comment

When my kids were young enough for the youth hunts I applied to everything within a 3 hour drive.

They—we—had some great hunts. At least one of them took an animal each time they were drawn.

Comment

Working...
            X