Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw that this morning..... insane Prayers for all involved

Comment

Buildings just don't collapse like this...rumors are gonna be all over the place & have already started.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        Buildings just don't collapse like this...rumors are gonna be all over the place & have already started.

https://mobile.twitter.com/discloset...55796534059010
        Sink hole?

Rebar corrosion?
        Apparently that's "common" in costal concrete construction.
        This particular unit was constructed in 1981,

Comment

Video looks like a controlled demolition to me. I guess anything is possible, but for a building just to fall like that on its own is strange.

Comment

Glad almost all got out..............

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              Glad almost all got out..............
              Did they have prior knowledge of the collapse? I hadn't heard that.

Comment

Seems to me there would be warning before the collapse. Cracks in walls, floors etc. Prayers for those involved. I am sure the rumors and talks will be all over the place.

Comment

Sink hole is my guess at the moment.
                  That's an older building but it's survived many storms in it's history.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Yea. Debree falling and ceilings cracking and falling. Only 10 hurt and 1 dead at 2am...................

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                      Yea. Debree falling and ceilings cracking and falling. Only 10 hurt and 1 dead at 2am...................
                      Headline of the article says "51 people unaccounted for." Guess they could be away from home and not in contact yet? 51 people missing from a 136 unit building seems pretty substantial. Hoping for the best...

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                        Sink hole?

Rebar corrosion?
                        Apparently that's "common" in costal concrete construction.
                        This particular unit was constructed in 1981,
                        Best one is it's tied to a McAfee deadman switch in some fashion...like Curt said, it looks controlled. Sinkhole seems logical but you would think there would be hints before a total engulf??

Who knows, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Even in the 80's they had to build to hurricane codes, so even though it's older shoulda been robust, so I don't 'think' it has anything to do with construction failures.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Other footage posted from residents’ inside motion detecting cameras show interior crumbling (appears like large raindrops) and you can hear some creaking and moaning from the building before the cams go black. So, not an entirely spontaneous collapse, but still I wonder how anyone had time to get out.

Comment

I am afraid there will be dozens dead. 2am everyone is a sleep. The mayor said the manager had told him the building was almost full! 30 or 40 units completely gone. People are a sleep and never wake up. Tragic loss of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                              I am afraid there will be dozens dead. 2am everyone is a sleep. The mayor said the manager had told him the building was almost full! 30 or 40 units completely gone. People are a sleep and never wake up. Tragic loss of life.
                              Gov. said "prepare for bad news"

Comment

Working...
                              X