Putting Foreverlast 600# directional feeder to use- Thanks Brush To Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brush To Bay had these on sale for a bit and they were kind enough to allow me to purchase one over the phone and hold it for me until I could swing by and grab it on the way to the lease.

I was able to snag it up and put it to use last week.

My theory on using one of these is that I could set it off to the side of the pen, thus not having to open the gate to fill it and not have it blocking the view or being in harm’s way during a shot.

I added a Solar Panel and battery, besides that it came ready to roll.

It shot corn clear across my not so large pen and beyond- just how I’d hoped it would.

It also held 12 bags perfectly, not 13 like my Bucees ASF does- which is fine either way- just throwing that in for .....whatever.

A view from the box-

Time will tell how it works out. It seems a little complicated with the double motor system, but what do I know. I’m just a consumer, not a designer.
    Last edited by DaveC; 06-20-2021, 08:23 PM.

i like that setup a lot.

Comment

Id cut the panel completely off on thats folded over, otherwise corn will collect there. Nice setup

Comment

Great idea and usage.....

Comment

Awesome. I plan on picking on up from bucees.

I’ve been wanting to get one.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Id cut the panel completely off on thats folded over, otherwise corn will collect there. Nice setup

Good point, I Can do that later if piled under corn becomes a thing.

I have a healthy rabbit heard at this feeder so I’m thinking they may play under wire pickup for me.

There’s enough rabbits I even cut holes here and there in the lower section of pen for them to come in and out at will-which they do.

The fence bent down theory was if this feeder goes boobs up I can bend the fence back up and wire it back in place to recover the slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Time will tell how it works out. It seems a little complicated with the double motor system, but what do I know. I’m just a consumer, not a designer.[/QUOTE]

Used one of these last year without issue. My only problem was that it was in the shade and I had to deal with weak batteries from time to time, but that's no fault of the feeder, just know that 2 motors suck more power than one. This year I'll be wiring batteries in series to get more amp hours to it.

Mine had 5.5 ft of water in it in the may floods. Pulled it out, called the folks at foreverlast and rebuilt the whole thing for 100 bucks. All new electrical, all the metal components were fine. Zero rust.

I much prefer hunting over this feeder rather than one that gets animals underneath it. One less thing to go wrong. You made a good choice!

Comment

“This year I'll be wiring batteries in series to get more amp hours to it. “ (quote link is broke)

One solar panel feeding two batteries wired in series, Or one panel each?

This spot is full sun from dawn to dusk so hopefully the solar panel will keep my single alive.

Good to hear about their customer service. Folks there seemed friendly enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Last edited by DaveC; 06-21-2021, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                  Good point, I Can do that later if piled under corn becomes a thing.

I have a healthy rabbit heard at this feeder so I’m thinking they may play under wire pickup for me.

There’s enough rabbits I even cut holes here and there in the lower section of pen for them to come in and out at will-which they do.

The fence bent down theory was if this feeder goes boobs up I can bend the fence back up and wire it back in place to recover the slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep it and wire a piece of tin on it to slide any corn down to the base if you decide the rabbits can’t keep up with keeping it clean

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Keep it and wire a piece of tin on it to slide any corn down to the base if you decide the rabbits can’t keep up with keeping it clean

Excellent Idea, I like it.

Comment

I’m using this ForEverlast directional feeder as a fish feeder at my pond. So far, so good. It definitely shoots groceries out there a ways that’s for sure.

And yes, the 2 motor system is extremely unique. The first motor spins the "squirrel cage" fan and the second motor engages the "auger" to feed pellets (or corn) into the fan for the prescribed feed time. After the auger stops the fan continues for a few seconds to essentially clear out any residual feed from the fan. It's weird and I too am a little concerned about longevity with the extra moving parts…..but so far it works.

Here’s a short video of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        “This year I'll be wiring batteries in series to get more amp hours to it. “ (quote link is broke)

One solar panel feeding two batteries wired in series, Or one panel each?

This spot is full sun from dawn to dusk so hopefully the solar panel will keep my single alive.

Good to hear about their customer service. Folks there seemed friendly enough.

With full sun you will probably be just fine. My setup is in a pecan grove that gets about 3 hours of partial sun a day. Still I only swapped batteries 2-3 times over the season. Gonna have to test the solar setup, will likely do one to each, but need to try it out in the backyard first to make sure it won't cause any hiccups. May just get a lithium battery for that spot

Comment

I've been running run for about a 2 months now. Haven't added a solar panel to it yet but i will eventually.

With the battery compartment on this feeder being so big, has anyone thought about how something like a 12v atv or tractor battery would do?

Comment

Also, to OP, what kind of wire is your feed pen made of?

Comment

Great idea. Makes me want to swap out my setups for directionals!

Comment

Working...
                              X