First Cattle Panel Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Cattle Panel Blind

Did a little reading on some cattle panel blinds others have built here on TBH. Went out to the lease last week and set this one up. Pleased is an under statement. Think I might have about $100 in it. Gonna do a little more brushing in just before season. Looking forward to slinging a few arrows out of it this fall.
    Attached Files

looks good.

Comment

Yep. They are great blinds.

Comment

nice. we have built a few using cattle panels and old carpet. we just used a sturdy tree as the first anchor.

Comment

Came out a lot better than I expected. Used t post for anchors and a door opening. PVC to give it a dome roof. We will see how she holds up. Seems really sturdy

Comment

Nice job, looks great. Good luck with it.

Comment

Any pics of inside?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a lot easier to use concrete reinforcing wire for the sides and a cattle panel for the roof.

Comment

Looks great - I maybe doin the same soon.

Comment

Like it

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                      nice. we have built a few using cattle panels and old carpet. we just used a sturdy tree as the first anchor.
                      used discarded carpet on our cp blinds as well. Amazingly durable, quiet, easy to paint and cut doors/windows. We affectionately called them sweat lodges.

Comment

Make sure you wrap the frame and roof arch with black plastic before you put the carpet on it if you want to stay dry inside during the rain.

Comment

Carpet

Originally posted by W E H View Post
                          When I had my accident I couldn't hunt treestands any longer. 2014.

My buddy built me one in KS in 2015. 2 Tposts and 1/2 a straight panel in back. Full panel (i think) in a "u" in front. 3-4 PVC pipes stuck on a few upright wires and criss-crossed. Heavy oilfield plastic/rubber tarp-like mats on top and around it. Then covered with carpet. Big rug on floor. Cut 4 windows.
                          Xbow hunted from it. Its still there and huntable today.

Best groundblind I've ever hunted from. Just not easily portable, lol.

Comment

I always want to make one but never followed through. I bet it’s a great blind.

Comment

Use a cattle panel for the roof as well

Comment

Working...
                              X