X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun w/ Car Warranty Scammers [emoji1787]

So they called me again yesterday.
    I pressed 1.
    Guy answers, ask me if I'm calling about my car warranty expiring soon? Sure I reply[emoji849]
    1934 Packard Bell I say. He says oh ok and hangs up.

FYI a Packard Bell was a computer in the 90's.

Next call I think I'm going to have a 2019 Ford Chevette. Yes Chevette NOT Chevelle.

What do you guys do?

Copy the accent and chase rabbits if i have the time

Comment

I do the same but mine go to car is a 1971 Vega I proceed to tell them how it won car of the year in 1971. By then they have already hung up. I am all excited and tell them I was hoping they would call soon so I can get my warranty updated.

Comment

They should already know what kind of car you have. After all, they have a warranty on it, right?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          They should already know what kind of car you have. After all, they have a warranty on it, right?

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
          [emoji1787]
          I started off using this tactic. It wasn't that much fun for ME. So I changed it up [emoji56][emoji1787]

Comment

Your going to be paying for that for a long long time, your goin to be still receiving calls in 2032 for that lol

Comment

I tell them that their timing couldn't be better as mine is in the shop right now.

Comment

I always ask for help slaughtering hogs. The Amazon scam calls stopped immediately.

Comment

I don’t even answer my phone anymore unless it’s on my contact list or I’m expecting a call from a certain area code.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    I don’t even answer my phone anymore unless it’s on my contact list or I’m expecting a call from a certain area code.
                    I am the same way but they are cloning numbers all the time. If I don't recognize the number I will text it to call them later. I'd say, once a week I get a reply that "I didn't call you" and it starts a whole conversation of how they just called me. It's crazy. They have started cloning a lot of numbers from once of the plants I deal with and it gets very frustrating. They have about 1100 employees on site so it's never ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      I am the same way but they are cloning numbers all the time. If I don't recognize the number I will text it to call them later. I'd say, once a week I get a reply that "I didn't call you" and it starts a whole conversation of how they just called me. It's crazy. They have started cloning a lot of numbers from once of the plants I deal with and it gets very frustrating. They have about 1100 employees on site so it's never ending.
                      I hear ya, I’ve received at least 5 spam calls from my own phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        Same here

Comment

A few times when I have to time to jack with them, I tell them the story about how my wife ran off with the neighbor and she was the one paying for the car. I am afraid its about to get repo'd. They dont stay on the phone long after that

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                            So they called me again yesterday.
                            I pressed 1.

What do you guys do?
                            Depending on my mood, I play along just to waste their time and make them think they have an easy target. After I have had my fun, I tell them to kiss my arse.

Comment

Some good youtube videos where fed up people with time and money have flown out to Qatar and Bangladesh to confront the scammer. I know thats kinda extreme but haven't we all had daydreams of getting to be face to face with one of those turds?

Comment

Working...
                              X