Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isla Mujeres

Is it worth the day trip?

If so, what’s the best way to explore? Any can’t miss spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There was some highlights to it yes. We found a secluded beachside bar tucked away in some trees. Had a pool and cabanas by the water and hung there for a few hours. Ate lunch at another little beach side spot. I’d say it was worth the day trip for us.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
      Is it worth the day trip?

If so, what’s the best way to explore? Any can’t miss spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depends on where you are leaving from....If you are in Cancun it’s a fun little day trip. Rent a golf cart and see the whole island pretty easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely rent a golf cart. Cool little island. Playa Del Norte is beautiful.

Comment

Depends, we spent a few hours at Garafon, then went and got a gold cart to cruise around the island ate lunch and shopped around, it’s a fun day trip

Comment

There isn’t all that much to do and you won’t need more than a couple hours. Also check to see if the beaches are open. In July all the beaches on the island were closed due to Covid.

Comment

Ridiculous sailfishing just a mile off the beach through June. Peaks now through April. Easy to bait and switch 10 sails and not hard to get 15 if you can pitch baits well.

Comment

Spent a week there a few years back, great place to visit. Lots of good food around, Jacks was great for fish and chips or a burger. Definitely rent a golf cart to drive around.

Comment

I have spent a couple of weeks on the island. Big difference between with tourists and without tourists. Stay a few days and get up early and stay up late. The island has 2 faces..............................

Comment

Ice Bar for a different bar experience, Marley’s bar/ restaurant fun little place.

Comment

Awesome place

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                      I have spent a couple of weeks on the island. Big difference between with tourists and without tourists. Stay a few days and get up early and stay up late. The island has 2 faces..............................
                      This wife and I , went so I could recover from some major surgery
                      And rented a golf cart , saw the island, relaxed, even fished some
                      The fishing was incredible, sailfish, white marlin, tuna, mahi-mahi
                      Quite dinners , zero spring break hassle,
                      Spent 7 days recouping and relaxing

Comment

Pilar- what time of year did you go. Thinking about going For a little while and wondering when would be best for fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Pilar- what time of year did you go. Thinking about going For a little while and wondering when would be best for fishing.
                          We went in may , I was released from the hospital on Easter Sunday, when I was cleared to travel we hopped on a plane and
                          Had a blast,

Comment

we drove around and found a guy with a boat, hired him for cheap and caught a few fish. golf cart is a must.

Comment

Forget the day trip just stay on Isla, Wife and I stayed at the Mia Reef for a week. Not crowded, great food, and staff was amazing. Renting a golf cart and cruising the island is a must.

Comment

Working...
                              X