No announcement yet.

Vitamin D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get ya some D3 and some Durvet 1% Ivermectin....you're healthy as a horse anyway

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
      Well, I don't know about the getting older and needing vit, D. I'll be 68 in September and had my blood work done back in January and everything was fine except LDL was a little high. I don't take any pills. I do eat a lot of chicken fried elk steaks and tators.

You’re my spirit animal. [emoji846][emoji846].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife should be fine

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Negative. So what's your answer?
          I’m glad I got the chance to meet you !

I got the shots because I figured I am in the age class that might get a bad case if I got it. Well that and the fact that she who must be obeyed said we were signed up. I had already lost a bunch of weight and was in better health. I take a multi vitamin with all that in it but ahlso take a C and a D. I have a bag of everything else if I feel like I need to take them. Basically I have done what my grandmothers told me years ago. Was my hands, stay away from sick people or those that look sick. Eat well and take my vitamins. If I get sick my children know where all my vitamins etc are and do not let me go in the hospital.

If you get it the older people I know here who had Covid went to get the bag of plasma with antibodies and have come out singing it’s praises. I think you’re good. I think I have everything lined up in case I get it!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            My wife has been taking it so we have 400IU capsules here at the house. I'll just start taking it along with the rest. What is a good baseline amount to take daily as a preventative? I'll be getting an annual physical done in the near future so I'll have them test my levels then.
            I would just read the bottle and take the recommended dosage.

I've been taking vitamin D3 for a year and a half now. From everything I read back then, D3 is what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
              I've been taking all three for about 18 months now. I had one interesting thing happen to me. I had a little wart on the index finger of my right hand, been there 20 or more years... haven't paid much attention to it but a month or so ago I noticed it was gone. Tried all the wart remover stuff too... vitamin D and/or zinc killed that virus.
              Same thing happened to me. Within days of taking ivermectin, zinc, and vitamin D had a wart literally just fall off my finger I’ve had for years.

Something to remember is just because you’re in the sun doesn’t mean you’re getting vitamin D.

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                At 51 my annual physical turned up a vitamin D gap for first time (I spend tons time outdoor). By 53 it had grown and my doctor doubled down on my dosage. It's since stabilized and in the "Green" but I continue to take it daily.

Hard tell you what to do without a baseline.
                Had the same thing show up on my physical last month. Doc put me on capsules. I told him I live in the sun. He asked me if I wore sunscreen & or long sleeves & long pants,. I told him all the above, he said the sun isn't getting to you.
                Last edited by DUKFVR; 07-22-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Im a big believer in Vitamin D. Believe everyone should be taking it. Ive been taking 10k iu/day for years now. If you shop at Costco they have a good, very affordable bottle.

Comment

I've been taking 15K-20K IU of D3 a day for over a year and my levels were still only 44. Need to get them to at least 60.

Checking your levels is the only way to know if you are deficient.

Comment

Same here on the D level. Thought for sure being in sun would help but doctor told me it doesn’t absorb fast enough and it washes off during showering.

Comment

Im in the sun all the time and blood work still has me taking D everyday

Comment

I take vitamins D C and Zinc daily. I have for years. I’ve been exposed many times times to COVID and have yet to catch it. I was told Those vitamins are really good immune system boosters. I’d say they worked for me.

Comment

I am in the sun a whole lot, 20+ days a month, and I am vitamin D deficient. I've been taking D3 for a year now. Not a big deal. Just get tested and then re-test periodically.

Comment

I take the liquid dropper of D once a week. Last blood work was spot on.

Comment

I keep hearing you have to have some fat in your diet for proper absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K. I cannot imagine that being a problem with Texans.

Comment

Working...
                                X