No announcement yet.

Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God created us (Adam and Eve) with our own will apart from His. Adam and Eve lived in the Garden with Him and as long as they followed His Will there was no sin. When the serpent came to them he convinced them their will was as good or better than God's. Once they chose to live under their will sin entered into them. Sin is simply being apart from God and it's our will that creates the sin that separates us. That's why we are born condemned in sin because our will is not His. We must choose His Will in our lives over our own. That's how His love comes to us and returns us to Him.
    I for one would rather choose Him now rather than play the wait and see what happens later game. We can blame man or God for our failures in life or we can debate semantics of the bible all day long but in the end its still a matter of the heart. Do you love God?
    Love the lord thy God with all thy heart, mind, and soul and love thy neighbor as thyself. The rest will fall into place.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
      Hmmmm???...

Formed man from ground and breathed life into his nostrils and the man became a living creature?

Took a rib from Adam's side....and created Eve??

They realized they were naked...??
      Here are a few more things to think about. Do you think the "apple" Eve ate gave her some kind of super human brain power that gave her the ability to know right from wrong? When God removed them from the garden of Eden He placed angels on the East side of the guarden to stop Adam and Eve from getting back into the garden. Why did He do that? What was there that He didn't want them to have access to? Another thing to think about is the children/offspring of Adam and Eve. The Bible says they had Cain and Abel, then they had children. With who? Their mom? Their sisters that aren't mentioned? Or was there another "race" of people on the Earth outside of the garden? Last thing to consider is the Nephilim Gen 6:1-4
      These are the children of fallen angels and the daughters of men. What made them so special? The Bible says they were men of renown, heroes of old, like the greek demigods. This, in my opinion, is why we had the flood. I think satan, who failed to usurp the thrown of God, attempted to derail God's creation by having his fallen angels infiltrate/interbreed with the people God created. They almost accomplished it except for Noah and his family. Then God wiped them all out except Noah and his family. So think about it from this perspective. How did a fallen angel "breed" with a daughter of man? An angel that was in heaven with God and lucifer who is now on earth was able to impregnate a woman? How?The point I'm trying to make in all this is that in the beginning God created a perfect spiritual being, that being may or may not have been a male or female. The being was in God's likeness and His image. Remember God is both or neither male or female, however you want to look at it. But the original creation Adam was meant to live, for eternity with Him, in the garden. Then when God saw Adam was lonely He gave Adam Eve. It is my opinion that the original creation of Adam and Eve were much like the type of being you and I will be after we are resurrected. Like Jesus was when He was resurrected. Walked through walls, appearing to people "like a ghost", ascending into heaven, etc.... Like the body angels have when they interact with us regular Jack and Jill's. I've seen some 80 yr old men and I can't say that I want to spend eternity in that body!!!! No offense if your 80 but you'd spend half your eternity just trying to pee!!!!!! [emoji51][emoji51]

Comment

SabineHunter, I posted this in the other thread, but want to put it here too...
        I'd really like to hear how you square away your book you are using as the basis of your belief with what the Bible says about folks going to hell...

SH, can you explain this away. This is from Jesus’s on mouth in Matthew 25 right after He explains to his apostles about the coming of the end of the age (the church age which we are in at this time). He is clearly talking about hell and fire that is eternal.

Mat 25:31 "But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
        Mat 25:32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats;
        Mat 25:33 and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
        Mat 25:34 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
        Mat 25:35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;
        Mat 25:36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'
        Mat 25:37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
        Mat 25:38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?
        Mat 25:39 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
        Mat 25:40 "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'
        Mat 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;
        Mat 25:42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink;
        Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.'
        Mat 25:44 "Then they themselves also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?'
        Mat 25:45 "Then He will answer them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
        Mat 25:46 "These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Comment

[QUOTE=c3products20;15709498]Here are a few more things to think about. Do you think the "apple" Eve ate gave her some kind of super human brain power that gave her the ability to know right from wrong? When God removed them from the garden of Eden He placed angels on the East side of the guarden to stop Adam and Eve from getting back into the garden. Why did He do that? What was there that He didn't want them to have access to?

Reference Gen. 2:8,9.

Verse 9b mentions two trees. The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. From my learning and understanding, the second one is the tree that Eve took and ate from and gave some to Adam, disobeying GOD's command. When GOD came looking for them, they hid 'because they were naked'. Up until now they had been with God in the garden without knowing they were unclothed.

Now the first tree, the tree of life, they were free to eat from because they had been created perfect to live with and commune with GOD forever. After their disobedience, sin had entered GOD's perfect creation. Because of GOD's holiness, He can't look on sin. Banishing Adam and Eve from the garden would not let them have the opportunity to eat from the tree of life and live forever in a sinful state. This was the beginning of GOD's plan to rescue and redeem mankind.

Not to beat up on Eve too much, go on down to vs.15-17. God gave the command to Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil before Eve was created.
          Vs 18 God said "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him".
          Chapt. 3 vs. 2 Adam did tell Eve the command based on her response to Satan.
          Vs. 6 " ....she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, WHO WAS WITH HER, and he ate it. They both disobeyed God equally.

Comment

Pstraw you are correct I had read the Genesis account dozens of times until It came to me about the 2 different trees.I guess I’m just dense but most folks that talk about it usually only refer to the forbidden tree or like me linked them together.It’s right there black and white and not complicated it’s funny how we can get conditioned in our studies and then one day with Gods help there it is.But yep our first parents got the first eviction ever.. to keep em away from the tree of life and get rid of the imperfection and sin.

Comment

RedBear--

My purpose on this earth is to share the gospel and do what Jesus instructed the disciples to do. Make disciples. I do not 'know it all' and will still be learning/growing until my last breath but I desire to help anyone along the way. Glad to be of help for HIS glory.

LOVE GOD--LOVE PEOPLE

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                RedBear--

My purpose on this earth is to share the gospel and do what Jesus instructed the disciples to do. Make disciples. I do not 'know it all' and will still be learning/growing until my last breath but I desire to help anyone along the way. Glad to be of help for HIS glory.

LOVE GOD--LOVE PEOPLE
                This ^^^^

Comment

Working...
                X