Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Deere Riding Mowers - Out of stock too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Deere Riding Mowers - Out of stock too.

I've emailed my local John Deere dealer because they don't show any new riding mowers on their site. Just used mowers - mostly commercial grade stuff that is several times what I'm looking to spend on a mower for my medium sized yard.

Lowes near me has zero inventory.
    Home Depot has limited inventory, and not the model I want.
    I didn't want to buy from either of those two stores anyway, because every problem I've read about the series I want starts with, "I bought my John Deere riding mower at Home Depot and...."

Wondering if John Deere is also having a hard time getting product to market. I really wanted a John Deere. Kind of had my heart set on that brand.

But those bright yellow Cub Cadets are parked in front of Tractor Supply every time we pass in front. Wondering if I should try CC instead, if John Deere is having trouble stocking inventory.

I know many places have slowed down / stopped manufacturing plants because of everything going on in our country right now. Just didn't expect there to be a run on new riding lawn mowers in my little town.

All the best,
    Glenn

I had issues purchasing in Nov last year. Had to wait until March to get mine. Supply chain and capacity issues.

As you said, avoid the HD/Lowe’s models.

Comment

In most cases, there isn’t a run on products but rather a supply chain breakdown. ANYTHING that requires a computer chip now has major delays on getting normal shipments, and once they do come in they cost a great deal more than they once did. Add to that delays in shipping due to a lack of 18 wheeler drivers, a lack of workers to assemble components at the same rate as before, and prices going up on everything and you see shortages happening everywhere.

If you think it’s bad now then just wait a couple of months as all the signs point toward shortages only getting worse.

Comment

Nothing wrong with HD or Lowes. Exact same models as anywhere else. Look at Husqvarna. Dang good machines just not green.

Comment

I was at Lowe's yesterday there were some parked out front. That was in Livingston

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lowe's n our have several models of JD mowers as does the local dealer. Not sure on the pricing. Still drivin my 12 yr old JD rider I bought from Lowes. Worst thing about it is the deck.
            What does the chip shortage have to do with mowers? Do the newer ones have chips?
            Last edited by locolobo; 07-19-2021, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Lowes has a $200 more expensive price tag than HD or the JD Dealership. But nobody has the model I want in stock anyway, so the price discussion is kind of a mute point right now. For all I know, the price may jump at HD and the JD Dealership when they get inventory on the floor.

My reasoning for wanting to buy directly from the JD Dealership has multiple reasons.

When I was looking last year (before other projects took precedence over the bank account balance), I went to all three places. HD and Lowes didn't know a thing about them. Just what was printed on the tag. Sometimes, not even that. Lowes employee even pointed at the tags and said, "You can read the info yourself". The dealership salesman knew every detail about every mower. Because of their knowledge, I moved up from wanting the S100 to the S120, and knew for my size yard and what I needed it for, I didn't have to move to the S130 or higher. Knowing the customers needs and making valid recommendations, vice pointing at the tag and basically saying, "Figure it out" made that choice easy.

The warranty would be the same way. If it broke - Lowes and HD would just do a return (maybe) and I'd have to wait on another one. The JD Dealership could just fix mine and return it to me under warranty. Now, I know I could bring the Lowes or HD mower to the dealer and have the same thing done, but that's kind of a jerk move in my book. Buy from someone else, and then expect the dealership to service it. Legal? Yeah. Jerk move? Yep. In my book it is.

Plus... I've purchased stuff that required assembly from HD and Lowes before. Learned that I had to go back through it with my own tools to tighten all the stuff they didn't, and find out which nuts and bolts they thought "must be spares" and just didn't install them.

All the best,
              Glenn

Comment

The Kubota Dealer in Normangee is almost out of stock and most items. They say they having very little coming in.

Comment

John deer ain't what it used to be. Get a mower with a Kohler or kawasaki engine. Cub cadet makes a good mower but don't skimp for the cheaper engine if you can afford it. Who cares what color it is!

Comment

My jd mower died a few weeks ago. It served me well, over 15 yrs. I started looking for another one to replace it. No mowers in central Texas. Finally found a used one on Facebook marketplace. A couple of years old and half the price. Good luck on your search.
                    Last edited by smokeless; 07-19-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      John deer ain't what it used to be. Get a mower with a Kohler or kawasaki engine. Cub cadet makes a good mower but don't skimp for the cheaper engine if you can afford it. Who cares what color it is!
                      I’m looking at two models of Cub Cadet. Both have Kohler engines, but the less expensive one is a single cylinder, and the next step up is a V-Twin. Leaning towards spending the extra $100 on the V-Twin version. But man... Yellow.
                      All the best,
                      Glenn

Comment

A mower from lowes depot ain't the same as what comes from a dealer. I don't care what color it is

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          A mower from lowes depot ain't the same as what comes from a dealer. I don't care what color it is

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                          This! I’m pretty sure that those sold at HD or Lowe’s are Not made by JD- probably Murray or MtD and I think those are the same also.

Comment

Just went through this. JD is backed up from being shut down during covid. They're turning out more machines now, but people are lined up and buying them like hotcakes.

What model/series you after?

Comment

Take a look at Spartan mowers. I just got one a few months back and really like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X