No announcement yet.

Coolest July ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been really nice. There’s so much dew every morning it looks like it’s been raining! Pretty crazy for middle of July.

Comment

It is a thing of beauty. I am heading to Colorado in a few weeks. I always feel better if I'm leaving Texas while it in the 100s just for spite!

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond07 View Post
        If these are the changes Texas gets concerning Global Warming.. Seattle can keep the triple digits!
        Hope it fries all those up there.

Comment

Now you've done! Record highs for the rest of the summer!

Comment

As much as I love this mild summer (so far), big picture, it is scary. Some will say, oh see, there isn't global warming. Well yeah, its cooler right now but it just further shows we are CHANGING the climate and throwing everything out of whack. My take is, for the first time in history we are pretty much in the driver seat (Humans), directly changing the climate and the Weather is changing (intensifying) as a result. We will only continue to see once in a 100 year 500 year blah blah systems from here on out until our Lord returns.

Sure hope that last part is soon!!!!!

To further what I mean about "we are pretty much in the driver seat (Humans)". Because of the human impact to the planet we are now creating cycles in weather (making arid places wet and wet places arid and same with temps) Not just "global warming", deforestation, loss of grass lands, so on and so on. Kinda depressing when you dive into the data side of climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
              Coupled with the timely rains, I'm convinced the cooler than average temps are going to result in a banner year for Whitetails. Low stress, bigger appetites, more forage, etc. Not mad about it!
              Hope you are right, this could work out well for us in the Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                Hope you are right, this could work out well for us in the Fall.
                We can bump this back up come the first 2 weeks in October and see how everybody feels about it then. Cause it will probably be 99 degrees then!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Don't want to jinx it but more low 90's here in the extended forecast. Might we make it to August with no triple digits? It's happened before - latest first occurrence of a 100* day in DFW was August 23rd in 1989
                  Wasn't that the same year they had freezing weather in Corpus? I was in basic at Ft. Sill(OK) from 17 oct thru feb

That was one HOT Oct followed by the coldest winter I'd ever experienced at 24 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                    As much as I love this mild summer (so far), big picture, it is scary. Some will say, oh see, there isn't global warming. Well yeah, its cooler right now but it just further shows we are CHANGING the climate and throwing everything out of whack. My take is, for the first time in history we are pretty much in the driver seat (Humans), directly changing the climate and the Weather is changing (intensifying) as a result. We will only continue to see once in a 100 year 500 year blah blah systems from here on out until our Lord returns.

To further what I mean about "we are pretty much in the driver seat (Humans)". Because of the human impact to the planet we are now creating cycles in weather (making arid places wet and wet places arid and same with temps) Not just "global warming", deforestation, loss of grass lands, so on and so on. Kinda depressing when you dive into the data side of climate change.

I recall watching this video a couple years ago... and wondering if he'd be right.
                    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViY2J3LPgN4"]New sun-driven cooling period of Earth ‘not far off’ - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 07-12-2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

It has certainly been cooler than normal recently, but not by much. July, August, September are the hottest months now rather than June, July, August(in the Metroplex). Prolly from the lack of methane since there are only a couple of Pancho's around

Comment

I love the rain and the cooler weather since I'm a rancher. The only problem will be more parasites, stomach worms, in domestic livestock. Not sure how it will effect deer and other critters.

Comment

Interesting ^
                          3 summers I'll never forget were 04,07,and 2011.
                          04,and 07 because it rained every dang day;all Summer long!(dfw)
                          2011 because it didn't rain at all,til October.
                          This has been a cool wet Summer so far,for sure.

Comment

I believe weather has shifted a month to the right overall. Summer seems-to arrive later and leave later than it used to.

Comment

Al Gore are you listening?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post

The climate has always changed with or without man.
                                The whole country use to be covered in ice!!

Comment

Working...
                                X