Trailer floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outdoor Man View Post
    Option: Some saw mills are cutting old utility poles for trailer beds.
    bet them are great...thx for info..

Comment

Originally posted by RLhunter View Post
      C purlin will be slick as greased Owl poop. When wet. Couple of options
      1. Paint it with a grit in it.
      2. Use metal walk planks/ boards shaped like C Purlin
      I just replaced my trailer deck with wood but considered using C-Perlin but figured if it was wet or a little oily then any load would tend to shift easier. I opted for wood and treated with Penofin.
      I build ramps for Texas Ramp Project and we use a grit on the deck paint called Skid Tex. We just mix it with the pain and it gives "some" grit for traction.

Comment

I meant to post up the last result.

I got in a bind and needed the trailer, but the only store in the Bryan area that had 18' boards did not have enough in stock. They wanted $63 each. I called Anderlee Lumber in Cameron on a Saturday morning and not only did they have enough, they had 18' 2x8 for $43 each on May 21! And they gave me a cash and carry discount of 10%, so it only cost me about $450! I was on that like a duck on a June bug. Within a few hours the floor was on the trailer.

Pre-sand blasting:

Post sand blasting and floor on.

It looks like a brand new trailer in better lighting.

Comment

That looks great.

As soon as the treated lumber started looking dry on my last trailer, I painted it with deck/porch stain. Then touched up twice in the last 12 yrs. and it is still in great shape.

Comment

Once it dries out,stain it with ready seal. It will waterproof it better and you won’t need to worry about chipping or peeling paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That looks great, Tracey!

Comment

Our trailers have aluminum boards for flooring. Same boards that you see in bleachers/grandstands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                  Our trailers have aluminum boards for flooring. Same boards that you see in bleachers/grandstands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I couldn't find any that didn't cost 6 times as much. I did find one on Craigslist that was about an hour from me but the guy never returned any of my calls/ texts/ emails.

Comment

Looks great! Good job. Did you use a paint sprayer?

Comment

Oh my gosh - I forgot that part - I took it to a local sandblaster who cleaned, primed and painted it. The before pictures are when I dropped it off at his place.

Comment

After you put the treated boards down have you seen any warpage?

Comment

No. It has trailer screws in most of the cross members.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            I meant to post up the last result.

I got in a bind and needed the trailer, but the only store in the Bryan area that had 18' boards did not have enough in stock. They wanted $63 each. I called Anderlee Lumber in Cameron on a Saturday morning and not only did they have enough, they had 18' 2x8 for $43 each on May 21! And they gave me a cash and carry discount of 10%, so it only cost me about $450! I was on that like a duck on a June bug. Within a few hours the floor was on the trailer.

Pre-sand blasting:

Post sand blasting and floor on.

It looks like a brand new trailer in better lighting.
                            Man that looks so nice

Comment

Working...
                            X