Swimmin ArmadeeyO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swimmin ArmadeeyO

My wife and I were fishing at our pond yesterday when a juvenile Diller came cruising along , walking straight into the pond and started swimming across. I was on 1 side and she on the other. It swam right by me and swam with snout in the water and raise up to take a breath without missing a beat ten back down again. I’ve seen a lot in my life but never this.

Sorry - no pics! I don’t carry my phone when relaxing

Never seen one swimming but heard they could

Somebody told me about seeing one on a log floating down the flooded Sabine river up here several years ago

Comment

Riverrat pulled one out of a catfish he was cleaning

Comment

Dang. ...

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

My old AG teacher told me story about eating one back in the 80s. He was young and the older mentor AG teacher caught one and grilled it up. He said he didn't want to look weak in front of that man. Lol

Comment

I have only see one in the water swimming. I was a mean little kid.

He did fine

Comment

I watched one walk under 2ft water in the Brazos several years ago. went in and walked across to the other side, underwater about a minute

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                I watched one walk under 2ft water in the Brazos several years ago. went in and walked across to the other side, underwater about a minute
                Saw the same when I was just a kid. Little clear creek about 8/10 feet wide. Grown diller just walked in, walked across, and walked out the other side.

Comment

I have seen this in kerrville, have also seen them swim.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                    I have seen this in kerrville, have also seen them swim.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
                    They are great swimmers- I never would have thought that!

Comment

As a kid, I watched my wiener dog chase one into a 3’ hole of water in our creek. Dang thing jumped in and started that very same walk along the bottom. Then my dang wiener dog jumped in and dove down and grabbed that sucker and brought it out and proceeded to kill it. Cleo hated armadillos because my mom hated them for messing with her flower gardens. Wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t seen it.

Comment

Thats the only way I've ever seen em swim.
                        As a kid we would chuck em off in the creek to show friends, and they would run along the bottom, come up for air, go back down and run across the bottom some more, and keep repeating till they got out lol.

Comment

This one swam 170’

Comment

When I lived on Lake Cypress Springs, I tried to drown one that I could not get out of a trap. It stayed under for awhile and then swam out and hit the boat ramp running. It ended up in the swimming pool area where the local ladies were doing their water aerobics. When it headed towards the gate, I got the heck out of Dodge quickly.

Comment

Working...
                            X