No announcement yet.

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good Mr Bill, great to see a plan/dream come together. Thanks for continuing to take us along your journey.

Comment

Getting towards the end of large, outdoor projects. Or so I think.

We decided to expand a 4x4 pad for under the ac compressor to the right of this rear slider to be a patio. It is stamped/ stained concrete poured this week. The cinder block wall will be covered with the same dry stack prairie stone we used everywhere else. The recessed area will be where the propane grill and Traeger go.

I’m thinking I have left over stained cedar from the board and batten siding to build a box on the sides of the compressor. If it needs lateral airflow, I might just omit the battens and have vertical slots between the boards.

After my ‘saving’ and moving what seems a ton of the fractured rock from our foundation excavation, I think we’re going to use railroad ties to build a retaining wall. I sure hope I can use a lot of the stone as backfill behind the wall.

….. then there’s finding/ building a level spot for a greenhouse for my wife as a Christmas present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Compare the sky this morning picture with a storm coming in from the north.

Glad I’m not out hunting or scouting in the mountains! But it probably be sunny in 2 hours as it passes heading south.

Comment

Take all the rain and cool weather that you can get this time of year.

Comment

Awesome Big Sky pics Bill. You have great views in all directions. Dig that patio, it is perfect for cold beverages and cool guitar music.

Comment

Great pics. Amazing place for sure.

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Rear patio was poured with stamped concrete. The mason is putting the same stone on it as everywhere else inside and out. We like the dry stack prairie stone I guess.

Air conditioning condenser was installed on a corner of the patio. Ugly- but it’s great having ac when it’s 94 outside. It’s a ‘dry’ 94- but still 94.

The Traeger and gas grill finally have a home. I’m not sure how well cooking next to the wood will work out with grease from smoke. I’m sure they’ll be moved when used.

Less than 2 months to chase elk.

Here’s what you see when you get to the top of the Tobacco Roots Mountains- Branham Lake.

Comment

Really enjoy when you update this thread Bill. Looking great.

Comment

Livin' large, Bill!

Comment

Are you fishing in Montana this summer?

Comment

Just got done reading this whole thread, how amazing!!!!! I’m going to be following Bill.

Comment

I need to go back to the beginning myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                            Just got done reading this whole thread, how amazing!!!!! I’m going to be following Bill.

I hope it serves as an inspiration to folks that you can overcome whatever **** is thrown your way and achieve your dreams. I don’t forget 8 years ago I was unemployed (again) 18 months into looking for a new job every day and afraid we’d have to sell the SJ house.

Never Give Up.

Comment

Opening day of 900-20 tag archery only pronghorn season. Life is good.

Working to clear the project list by Sept 4 for elk season. Finished a window / storage seat, just bought a solar automatic tube double gate opener I want to install.

Comment

Awesomeness. Good luck Bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X