Educate me- adult beginner acoustic guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Good lesson- learned a bunch about arm and hand position. My fingers are a challenge on the 3/4 size guitar but learnable.

He said don’t worry about muting other strings right now and to have fun. Those details get worked out in time. He also said to not worry about putting in the case with a humidifier- leave it out so I see it and play during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds encouraging to me..

Comment

Good lesson- learned a bunch about arm and hand position. My fingers are a challenge on the 3/4 size guitar but learnable.

He said don’t worry about muting other strings right now and to have fun. Those details get worked out in time. He also said to not worry about putting in the case with a humidifier- leave it out so I see it and play during the day.

Great news Bill, glad you got some good instruction today. Keep at it and have fun, all us TBH string strumming guitar pickers want you to stay in the club.

Comment

My fingers are a challenge on the 3/4 size guitar but learnable.
        Bill, I've thought all along that you need a bigger guitar with a wider neck and string spacing. It makes a world of difference. Those 3/4 size guitars are made for kids.

Comment

Shane, your comment is well taken.

Thanks to all for encouragement!

My short term goal is to learn D-A-E7 and play/ sing “This land is your land” with our grandson on Father’s Day. Gotta get going!

Comment

Keep after it Bill. Get the guitar stand and set it up in the living room.

Hogboy

Comment

The guitar is in the stand all the time. The finger tips on my left hand hurt but I’m seeing progress being able to place fingers on frets. Lesson 2 tomorrow.

Comment

The guitar is in the stand all the time. The finger tips on my left hand hurt but I’m seeing progress being able to place fingers on frets. Lesson 2 tomorrow.

Awesome! Look, it’s going to be like this the whole way through. Constantly working on things you can’t do, but realizing you can do things that once seemed impossible. Just forward progress all the time. Recognize the times something clicks and enjoy it, but don’t let the frustrating times make you quit. Have fun!

Comment

I sat on the balcony yesterday, added C and with the help of a YouTube lesson am teaching myself Ripple.

‘Nec cito, nec tarde’- Latin for nether swiftly or slowly. Somehow a phrase I remember from high school.

Comment

I sat on the balcony yesterday, added C and with the help of a YouTube lesson am teaching myself Ripple.

‘Nec cito, nec tarde’- Latin for nether swiftly or slowly. Somehow a phrase I remember from high school.

That’s great Bill, keep at it, and don’t sell that guitar!

I would quote the Latin for “all things are possible with a bottle of Ripple and persistence” but it has just slipped my mind. Oh, you are talking about that Grateful Dead song “Ripple”, now that’s a great song to learn and sing. Great melody, chord progressions and really great lyrics. Learn it and play it often.

For months I’ve been telling you the three chord truth ( ), learn G, C and D7 and get a capo. Then you can strum along with 96.3% of the songs you will hear in the Western part of this planet. Learn Em and make it 100% of the songs.

Good luck, keep playing every chance you get, and know that you are making progress.

Comment

Keep going, Bill. I watched this video and it really helped me play a modified version of D, C add 9, and G with an extra B string.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_qpDtfLgs8"]The D-C-G Trick : What Famous Bands Did With Easy Chords! - YouTube[/ame]

I play a mini GS Mahogany bought from a TBH brother after your posts. It's a great guitar. Don't give up on you KOA mini.

Comment

Comment

Leaving the guitar out makes short practice sessions easy.

Comment

Leaving the guitar out makes short practice sessions easy.

There is nothing about that picture that is not right. I sure would be tempted to take a recurve and the Taylor out to your nice patio and shoot a few arrows then chord a few tunes. Bow and guitar, for me that’s living. Hope the lessons are going OK.

Comment

I’ve realized saying ‘I’ll practice later’ does not work. Up, breakfast then guitar time. The grey cells and muscles are making connections.

I’m enjoying the deck outside before elk season (and snow). The neighbor’s cattle 1/4 mile below or the pair of sand hill cranes don’t take notice.

Comment

What a fantastic setting in which to practice! Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X