Parent taught driver’s ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parent taught driver’s ed

Alright who’s done it? Would you do it again or send your kid to a class? Any specific vendor that worked for you? Looks like there’s a bunch of them. State of Texas appears to be fairly flexible. My oldest knucklehead is turning 15 next month, so goodbye cheap auto insurance rates.

ME, ME, ME, i did it with my youngest, it was super easy, takes longer the a one class, but faster then full 2 semesters of school for it,, if i had to do it again, i would, it was self paced, since she was in sports, the driving part was a piece of cake, she had the best teacher she could of ever asked for.... i did an on-line search and went with the highest rated one, its been many moons ago,

Comment

We used aceable after recs here. I would absolutely use it again.

Kids can do all the class room stuff on their time via phone. My son wanted his wheels so bad he was done quick and we went to driving. State time limit was our only hurdle

Comment

I've got one going through it now. He has completed his portion on the Aceable app. We are waiting for our appt at the DL office, then we'll start logging his drive hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          We used aceable after recs here. I would absolutely use it again.

Kids can do all the class room stuff on their time via phone. My son wanted his wheels so bad he was done quick and we went to driving. State time limit was our only hurdle
          Aceable is what my oldest son did and my youngest is doing now. My wife couldn't get my oldest into the DMV to take his driving test, so she found a drivers ed training facility that did his driving test. They gave him a certificate and he took it to the DMV to get his license.

Comment

Went the driving school route. Don't know why the State even bothers with Driver's Ed. Teenagers already know everything.

Comment

Going through Aceable as well now. Biggest headache is making appointments at the DMV.

Comment

Aceable is hands down the best one to use and use a local driving school for the driving test.

Comment

If you have the options set appointments at DPS office in BFE. Thats what my wife and I have done for years and what we did with our son. When we went to take the driving test he left all his paperwork at deer camp. Even after an hour round trip to camp and back to DPS office we jumped right in and were done by lunchtime

Comment

Can everyone teaching their kids to drive do us all a favor, and tell them not to "loiter" in the passing lane, and for the love of The Hansen Buck....please stop turning on your ****ing hazard lights because it's raining!

Thanks

Comment

I self taught my son and would absolutely do it again. I'll be teaching my daughter as well in about six years. He did the required paperwork online and pretty much drove everywhere we went. Kept up with his driving hour log and turned it in when he went for his license. Super easy and didn't have to deal with scheduling or paying instructor course.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Can everyone teaching their kids to drive do us all a favor, and tell them not to "loiter" in the passing lane, and for the love of The Hansen Buck....please stop turning on your ****ing hazard lights because it's raining!

Thanks
                        Amen!!!

Comment

I taught both of our boys, why would I trust someone else to do it AND have to pay for it? Guess some folks don't have time or make time for their kids.

Comment

I did but my daughter is 35 now so it's been awhile. I must have been a terrible instructor also because she has had a ton of wrecks.
                            No I would not do it again

Comment

Did Drivers Ed in a Box. My daughter tried every trick to skip ahead in the online training but couldn't do it.

Yes, I would do it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X