• Show
Clear All

4” x 4” steel erectors cost

Set of 4 is $90 plus tax at Home Depot.
    Is there a cheaper good alternative?
    Building a portable short platform for my Krivo

Thank you

Big pig
    Last edited by Big pig; 06-18-2021, 12:44 PM.

Someone with a plasma table could make some of these for us rednecks and make a killing.

Comment

I don't know about a cheaper/better alternative but that's about what I've paid for them in the past. They work really well. I've taken them off of old blinds/towers and reused them.

Comment

Type 4 x 4 elevator brackets on Amazon. Moreez brand is 51.99 for a set of 4.

Comment

Thank you for the help and comments.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
            Someone with a plasma table could make some of these for us rednecks and make a killing.
            Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
            Type 4 x 4 elevator brackets on Amazon. Moreez brand is 51.99 for a set of 4.
            We've got a plasma table at work, but our cost for material, table time, welding, and powder coat would be way more than $50 for a set of 4. Wouldn't be worth the time at that price.

Comment

If Your building a short platform You don’t even need brackets. Just box the 4x4 in for the platform framing.

Comment

buy the metal stand Krivo sells. I've had wood platforms and metal and no doubt the metal is mucho better and lasts longer. Definitely more expensive. There also used to be a kit you could get from Sportsmans guide for the metal platform. https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...-kit?a=2136904 with today's lumber prices it may make sense??

Comment

Does anyone have 1 I could buy for $25? I had a set of 4 but leaving the lease one fell outta the back of my truck. Guess you could call it the I-20 tax.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    If Your building a short platform You don’t even need brackets. Just box the 4x4 in for the platform framing.
                    Since I got the 4 brackets for $54 I am going to make it taller with longer removable 4x4 posts. Of course, I still have to purchase the 2 sheets of plywood and frame material. Hope I find some stuff in the barn.
                    I have a great set of 6’ tall steps I got here off the classifieds.
                    Krivos are so light it makes it easy to move if I set it in the wrong spot on the new property.

Comment

Let us in how it turns out

Comment

Working...
                      X