Euros on a board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euros on a board?

When yall hang or display your euros, do you like them better on the wall plain, or mounted on some sort of board? Old wood? Old piece of tree? Smooth nice board? Other?

I’ve snagged a few pieces of old barn wood I have used on a few. I wish I would have taken a few more pieces. I have found myself woodless in the past, Walmart in the craft isle had some pre-cut pine you can use to make a easy backboard for your mount

Comment

I usually just lay mine on the table or floor.

Comment

I like them to be angled so that they sit somewhat normal. If that is on a pedestal with a board then so be it. Not a fan of them mounted flat (with or without a board) and hung so that the nose is on the wall and you can see the back of the skull and look down on the antler tips.

I am really starting to like these wall hangers that Tobin at Top Pin Taxidermy sells. They rotate and hang the head at a good angle...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1047.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	24653216

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dr. Hook.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	320.7 KB
ID:	24653217
        Last edited by Smart; 05-31-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Euros on a board?

Board or plaque for me.

I also have one on a cool little pedestal too:

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Bisch; 05-31-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

I like mine on plaques. Unfortunately, the place I bought mine from went out of business.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have them sitting on surfaces, just hanging on the wall, and hanging on old drift wood, etc.

Comment

I have my sambar, red stag and gemsbok hung with on wall without a plague. I have my elk on a arrow shape plague but it's hanging on the fireplace. I think they look good either way. I worry some about the wire hangers screwed into skull plate but nothing has fallen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I like them to be angled so that they sit somewhat normal. If that is on a pedestal with a board then so be it. Not a fan of them mounted flat (with or without a board) and hung so that the nose is on the wall and you can see the back of the skull and look down on the antler tips.

I am really starting to like these wall hangers that Tobin at Top Pin Taxidermy sells. They rotate and hang the head at a good angle...

[ATTACH]1051311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1051312[/ATTACH]
                  This right here.

Comment

I started building this. I’ve got more to hang, but you get the idea. I used 3/4” Dow rods to hang them with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have all mine mounted on either mesquite or pecan plaques that I've made.
                      I like the ones the kick out from the wall, but due to the layout of the room, I have to use the flat mounts.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210531_183059220.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24653229

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my "buck board" in the garage.

Here's another way I use

And probably my favorite

Comment

I use the skull hooker, they work really good

Comment

I’ve gotten where lately I don’t like putting them on a plaque. I’ve been putting them on some mounts I’ve bought off Mikey2 here on tbh and setting them on end tables, book shelves and on the mantle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Used one of the metal hook mounts.

Pretty simplistic. liked it.

Comment

Working...
                              X