How To Turn Tower Blind 90°

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Turn Tower Blind 90°

Alright archery friends. Old 18ft. metal/aluminum tower blind in great condition. We want to keep it in same space but just rotate it 90 degrees for archery purposes. We have a tractor with forks we figured we could lift it up. But how do we keep it from toppling over?
    I’m certain someone here has experience in this endeavor.

Ratchet straps are your friend. You may want to use some tubing or pipe to slide over the fork tines to extend them ( fork extensions ) to support the far side also.

Comment

Just cut a new hole in the side you need to see out of. Install window and BAM..new set up

Comment

55 gallon drum lids under each foot and slide it around. Worked for me once.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          Ratchet straps are your friend. You may want to use some tubing or pipe to slide over the fork tines to extend them ( fork extensions ) to support the far side also.
          ^^^^^^^THIS.

plus if you can lift from the highest point possible so as to not make it top heavy.

Comment

Ratchet strap it down and go slow.... Biggest issue is unlevel ground. Small holes, ruts, rocks equals a lot of movement 18ft up.

Or do like me and become the world's best heavy equipment operator after a couple of beers....at least in my mind ��

Comment

Just make sure you film it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I want the video RWB

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                  55 gallon drum lids under each foot and slide it around. Worked for me once.
                  Exactly how I would do it.

Comment

Can you brace and tie to allow you to lift it from above and rotate it while its hanging? I have also used the forks as a spreader bar and tied off to the forks and fork rack so you had more even lifting if its a little frail. You only need enough weigh off it to move it, not like you need it 10' in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post

Just make sure you film it.

This is exactly what ran through my mind when I saw this post lol hopefully we get a follow-up video

Comment

Lay it down, roll it, stand it back up?

Comment

If there's a crossmember between legs 10"-20" up from the ground, get 4 pieces of drill stem maybe 8' long or so. 4 guys on each corner, wedge the stem under the crossmembers up against the leg and all of you use the leverage to move it in the direction you need

Comment

Move the feeder

Comment

Working...
                            X