Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      Picked up a couple of bottles today.

Nice score. ECBP is one of my favorites

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Nice score. ECBP is one of my favorites

I keep adding a few bottles to the collection a month. Just started back in November or December and have built up a good little collection. Nothing crazy like my buddies but trying to learn and grab some of the more popular that’s hard to find.

I’ve opened a few and tried them and my least favorite is Baker’s. I had covid in November and my taste is still not back to normal I’d say it’s 80% and smell is around 60% so I haven’t really enjoyed all the different ones yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Black Ice; 04-22-2021, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
          Every time I grab a bottle of Woodford DO I’m glad I did. I’m a fan! Great bottle that’s readily available

doubled oaked is my favorite!

any know if there is an official wine thread?

Comment

Anyone tried Eight and Sand. It's not bad for $20ish dollars. It's a MGP blended product like most of the story bourbons out there.

Comment

PSA - New Goody Goody at Beltline and Valley View is well stocked. BT, Wellers, etc. Lots of BnB and Small batch liquor. Worth the side trip on the way home.

Comment

Picked this up on a recommendation and…what a pour! I was bit disappointed and will be going back fro a second bottle tomorrow. I believe it is a top golf barrel pick.

It’s hard to believe such a young company produced a good product like this.

Comment

Picked this up on a recommendation and…what a pour! I was bit disappointed and will be going back fro a second bottle tomorrow. I believe it is a top golf barrel pick.

It’s hard to believe such a young company produced a good product like this.

Is that Batch 3? If so. It’s one of my favorites. I love to snag another.m bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks like batch 1. I went and grabbed two more bottles for the bourbon stash this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                      PSA - New Goody Goody at Beltline and Valley View is well stocked. BT, Wellers, etc. Lots of BnB and Small batch liquor. Worth the side trip on the way home.

If someone goes and doesn’t mind snagging a couple bottles of Wellers, I’ll pay for it

Comment

Looks like the normal price for a bottle of Blantons is up to $160 a bottle. Eagle rare can sometimes be found for around $75 a bottle. Is that what you all are seeing?

Comment

It looks like batch 1. I went and grabbed two more bottles for the bourbon stash this morning.

Pm sent

Comment

I’ve been following this thread since it was born and just started building a small collection and I have a question. Purchased a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel and the first pour to me was just hot with very little aroma or taste, it burned from start to finish. Next day, the 2nd pour wasn’t quite as hot and have more aroma. The next day, I shook the bottle before I poured and the bite was considerably less, aroma and taste was much better with a much smoother finish. Am I crazy or does shaking the bottle make a difference? I know I’m crazy so don’t answer that!����

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                              I’ve been following this thread since it was born and just started building a small collection and I have a question. Purchased a bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel and the first pour to me was just hot with very little aroma or taste, it burned from start to finish. Next day, the 2nd pour wasn’t quite as hot and have more aroma. The next day, I shook the bottle before I poured and the bite was considerably less, aroma and taste was much better with a much smoother finish. Am I crazy or does shaking the bottle make a difference? I know I’m crazy so don’t answer that!����
                              According to Freddy at Buffalo Trace, you should give the bottle a little swirl to mix it up. Not sure what that does, but if I have a bottle that sat for a while I give a little shake. Barrel proof I wouldn't worry about, but anything in the 80 to 100 is usually cut with water.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                                Looks like the normal price for a bottle of Blantons is up to $160 a bottle. Eagle rare can sometimes be found for around $75 a bottle. Is that what you all are seeing?

Yep. Found a bottle of eagle rare the other day, guy was asking $100 for it. What a joke

Comment

Working...
                                X