• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry Kevin, I will keep you and Tina in my prayers

Comment

Prayers sent.....

Comment

Sorry for y'alls loss. Will continue prayers for you.

Comment

Awful situation. Prayers for your family and the ones still waiting answers.

Comment

Very sorry to hear it Kevin. I am glad that you and your family can get a sense of closure but still very sorry for your loss. Godspeed.

Comment

Prayers for your family Kevin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent!

Comment

I've been checking this thread several times a day hoping for a different outcome. I'm very sorry for y'all and all the families involved.

Comment

What a tragedy
                    My condolences

Comment

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Prayers for you and yours, and all the other families involved.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        Prayers for a miracle, but if one isn't possible, that y'all get the closure you and your family needs.
                        just out of curiosity why wouldn't they have checked the galley first knowing that that's where the guys were trained to muster to and if it's air tight i'm sure they would be running thin on O2?

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          just out of curiosity why wouldn't they have checked the galley first knowing that that's where the guys were trained to muster to and if it's air tight i'm sure they would be running thin on O2?
                          Using my engineering/design logic, the only thing that I can think of is that they wanted to start at the lowest point and work their way up. If they opened a water tight hatch, water would flood downward, but it won't flood upward if there's an air pocket ... which was the hail Mary of this rescue. They started at the highest point on the ship, the bridge, which was in the mud; working their way "down" which was actually up, since the vessel was upside down. The galley is basically at the deck level, so it would have been the last area searched. Here's a drawing of the levels, in the ship.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ship.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	24649581

Again, this is just my reasoning. I dive, but I'm definitely not trained in this type of rescue.

Comment

Kevin, I am so sorry for you, Tina, and Quinon's family. Tough, tough deal!

Comment

I'm sorry for you loss, sir. I feel terrible for you and your wife, but my heart really breaks for his kids.

Comment

Sending prayers your way Kevin.

Comment

Working...
                                X