Krivoman Blind Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
    So you called the crack between the bottom glass and the blind and it closes tight? The calk did not stick to the glass after drying? Maybe I should put some Vaseline in the glass while applying the Calk?
    I used saran rap as a mold release I used a bunch of caulk and built up a "dam" that tapered away from the window, forcing the water to drain away from the window. I have not had any problems since I did this.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican
      Shouldn’t have to do this on a $1k plus blind IMO.
      With the deluxe windows you don't have to. I'm sitting in one right now. Deer fed around me all evening and never smelled me it seals up so well.
      Now if the dang pigs would come by . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican
        I did as well and it made a muddy mess inside the blind. It was literally a mud pile inside the blind, never would dry out. Not to mention the the wasp problem due to windows. Ruined several hunts due to wasp!

The Deluxe windows 100% solved the wasp problem too.

Glad they are the “standard” windows now. Blind should be perfect.

Comment

Flex seal should fix it

Comment

Show me a better blind for $1250

Comment

To the OP, here are the windows I put in mine. I have the exact measurements of what to order if you decide to go that route. I can also give you a little extra insight I got from Mitch on how to order them and add the weep holes yourself. Just message me.

The Deluxe Hinge is a fully framed exterior mounted hinge style operating window. Exterior mounted to close off your complete opening; and direct from the elements and unwanted pests.

Comment

I have 3 original Krivo's with the original windows - no leaks, no wasp or bee's. The blinds are as they came. No silicone, no flex seal, nothing.

We have a honey bee operation on our lease..several other blinds including some "high-end" blinds have had bee's in them. So much so several guys are dumping the other blinds and getting Krivo's.

Makes me wonder if the blinds are level for those having leaks. You can "flex" the shell if the blinds are not level. But you can do that with just about any blind.

If it leaks check level, if you can't level it then run a bead of silicone or window trim on the blind and that should solve it for $10. Either way you won't find a better blind for the cost of a Krivoman.

Comment

Anyone know if the new improved windows will fit in the old style Krivoman?

Comment

I have two, one old style and one new style. The old style was a leakoman. Duct tape on the outside of windows, caulk on the inside of windows and then flex seal I finally got it so it wouldn’t leak when it rained. Also had to caulk the door. The new style is much better. It leaked as well and I just caulked the inside and it should be good.
                    I agree that you shouldn’t have to fix a new blind but there isn’t anything better out there so I’m not complaining about it.
                    I wouldn’t hesitate buying another new style blind. The two foot tall bases are pretty nice too

Comment

Old style windows in the Krivo def. leak.

Also, like Mitch said, if you dont keep the vent open it sweats like crazy inside - running water down the inside walls.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Just measure the opening of the window and order deluxe window to fit the hole. Simple to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          This is what my invoice from DeerView says:

Custom Deluxe Hinge Grey Glass 8 3/8" x 16 5/8"

But like Mitch said, easy to measure the opening and order according to the Deerview website.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            Just measure the opening of the window and order deluxe window to fit the hole. Simple to replace.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if the design changed the windows or not. Good to know.

Comment

I have one of the early early Krivo blinds. Mitch has done a lot of improvements on the design through the years and I’ve tried to upgrade my older model as he comes up with improvements. My blind has been in the field for a LONG time and still looks/hunts great.
                              I’ve got old windows that leak a bit but no biggie for me. I’ll replace those when I put a new wood floor in. I’ve had the same wood floor on my platform since I set the blind up.

As with everything you may need to do some improvements to get it to your liking But IMO you won’t find a better blind for the $ or a better guy to buy one from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X