No announcement yet.

Going crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animals move better when it's cold. Go kill some.

Comment

Lived up north until my late 20s. Got to TX as fast as I could. Don't miss it, the snow and winters, nor the humid buggy summers. The deer hunting was good, though.

Comment

At least we’re getting 10+ hours of daylight, try doing this with less than 6 hours of sun per day...

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          -20 wind chill in the am. Do not lick the windows.

Or a flag pole.

Comment

Northerners have infrastructure to live through it and get out and do stuff. My uncle is snowshoeing a mountain with his fiance, and we'd usually go sled etc

Comment

Those People in ALASKA say they love it. Come on in the water is fine. I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by slomo View Post
                I had to get out of the house, I just grilled steaks on charcoal with -15 windchill. Desperation has set in
                Same here!

Comment

I made a trip to the grocery store at 8am and roads were a little slick but very drivable.

Got home and started a pot of Arrow Pilot Taco soup (why I went to store )
                  Built a fire for the wife

Then worked on going through closet that I started on Saturday

Outside to haul off 3 trailer loads of branches to the pasture, the wife wanted cut out of the yard Saturday

Grabbed a little lunch at 1300

Worked on more stuff in the house

Got tired of that and put some warm clothes on and headed to check the feeder ~1630. Watched 3 deer for nearly an hour, then a spike was slipping in but something caught his attention.
                  Sow and 5 good sized shoats (was 6 a few weeks ago ) showed up. Sow finally stood still long enough and I popped her.
                  Went back and got 4 wheeler to go look for her and check some other things out.

Made it back to house right at dark, closed chickens up and fed horse and goats.

Came in and changed and had big bowl of soup.

No reason to go crazy here, not letting temps in the 20's bother me

Work cancelled tomorrow, no telling what the wife has planned to go through/organize but I may have to sneak out and try and kill a coyote with the Foxpro

Comment

Cabin fever here after two days.
                    I don't know how people quarantined for months.
                    I made a pot of gumbo.
                    And a pot of Chili.
                    And a crockpot venison roast.
                    All my brass is now loaded.
                    Fletched a few arrows.
                    I might put on the coveralls and go work in the garden tomorrow if I can find it!

Comment

Highlight of my day was showing my 6 year old how to do a proper donut in my truck at his schools parking lot. Never seen the kid grin so big.
                      Last edited by Smithwr; 02-14-2021, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Not me love this weather at the ranch taking care of the cattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got bacon, Canadian bacon, and cheese in the smokehouse I keep checking on. Just finished making some chicken and dumplins. Tomorrow I'm making a big pot of beans and maybe some gumbo. Im also grinding and stuffing summer sausage and snack sticks. Then I'll smoke them on Tuesday. Life is good!

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
                            Been going non stop for three days. Feed store five times , Tcs a few times. Think I have about 500 miles the last three days. Been taking 1.25 hours to get to lampasas which is normally 34 min.
                            Be safe Mike. Yall losing any animals?

Comment

Hasn't really stopped me from doing anything yet. It's cold but you get used to it after a bit. I much prefer cold over heat. Of course, we arent as cold as yall are up north. We will see when it hits 8 deg. May change my mind.

It is a pain having to haul water to the chickens and horse. Had to drain all the water lines except the house.

Comment

I’m sure 9 months from now the hospitals will be real busy after this Valentine’s Day........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X